Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA FOOTBALL: Games for Week of 9-5-20

Add topic

Two-time defending West Division Champion UAB will host Central Arkansas to open the final season at historic Legion Field.

The first game between two FBS schools will take place in Hattiesburg, as Southern Miss hosts South Alabama on CBS Sports Network will host first-ever meeting between the schools that are located just 90 miles apart.

Marshall will look to make it nine straight wins in home openers when it welcomes Eastern Kentucky to Huntington for a that will air on ESPN to begin a four-game Saturday slate.

Middle Tennessee opens its 2020 campaign 30 minutes later when it visits Army for the first time.

A pair of night games are on the docket in the Lone Star state as North Texas hosts Houston Baptist and UTEP welcomes Stephen F. Austin to the Sun Bowl. Both games will be available on ESPN3.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3

Central Arkansas at UAB (ESPN3)  8 pm

So. Alabama at Southern Miss (CBSSN)  9 pm

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5

Eastern Kentucky at Marshall (ESPN)  1:00 pm

Middle Tennessee at Army (CBSSN)  1:30 pm

Houston Baptist at North Texas (ESPN3)  7:30 pm

Stephen F. Austin at UTEP (ESPN3)  9:00 pm
Back to the top

I am so ready for college football.  I have not watched pro baseball,basketball, hockey ,soccer,or nascar.. Not at all political. I have just lost total interest. I discovered how non important it is. But fau football is my entertainment. I'm sure pro sports will survive without me.  When I was a kid , I knew every MLB  team and roster. Today, I don't even know the Marlins
Back to the top

We can get a sneak peek of Georgia Southern. They are playing Campbell at 330 on espnu  the weekend before us. I think the 12th. They will have a game under their belt when they play us.
Back to the top

Great to have C-USA involved in the first FBS vs. FBS matchup of the season!

I'm really curious to see how USM will look this year. QB Jack Abraham has risen to the top tier of signal-callers in the conference.

A little but of trivia: this will be South Alabama's final game before they open their brand new on-campus stadium, Hancock Whitney Stadium, next week vs. Tulane.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Thanks for the drop of knowledge, Jack.

Still baffled how with all the financial institutions headquartered in South Florida, we can’t find one to slap their name on our stadium.
Back to the top

C-USA splits on opening night, with the Blazers winning and the Golden Eagles laying an egg.

Back to the top

FINAL:

South Alabama 32  USM 21

South Alabama outgained the Golden Eagles 188-30 in the opening quarter, with the Jag defense limiting USM to minus-10 yards on the ground in the period. The Golden Eagles responded with 157 yards of total offense in the second quarter, putting together a pair of scoring drives to cut the deficit to 13-10 at the break. Tolbert's second touchdown of the night and a 21-yard Diego Guajardo field goal helped push the USA lead to 23-13 at the end of three quarters. Kawaan Baker caught a 52-yard touchdown pass from Chance Lovertich to make the score 29-13, with the Jaguars sealing the win after Guajardo connected on a field goal from 34 yards out with less than two minutes remaining.

Jaguar Media relations
Back to the top

FINAL:

Central Arkansas 35 UAB 45

UAB set the Conference USA record with its 19th consecutive home victory, defeating Central Arkansas 45-35. The 19 wins in a row broke a tie with former C-USA member Houston who won 18 games from 2007-10, and the nation's fourth longest active home winning streak is still intact.

UAB (1-0) put up 459 yards of total offense and used a well-balanced attack, with 226 yards coming through the air and 233 on the ground. UAB's career leading rusher Spencer Brown had his 14th career 100-yard rushing game, going for 127 yards and a touchdown on 24 carries. Jermaine Brown added 75 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries. Lucious Stanley pitched in with 25 yards and a touchdown.

UAB Media Relations
Back to the top

NOT good S. Miss - not good, losing at home to a weak 2-10 Belt team!
Back to the top

USM was favored by -12 before kickoff, and LOST by 11. Embarrassing game on the national stage.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: