Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Georgia Southern - December 5th, 2020

Add topic

I think a lot of it rests on the O Line how good we start the year, specifically the run blocking. We’ve started slow the last few years. But we haven’t had a running QB like Tronti. 

Last year the run blocking wasn’t as good as 2017. Robinson’s arm and ability to go through his reads quickly helped. You need to have great run blocking and the interior line was an issue the last 2 years. I think there’s a chance the C and Guards can be dominant. Weber is an upgrade over Diaz when it comes to run blocking. Noel I don’t even think was starting against OSU and UCF. Maranges seems like he has potential. 

At Tackle there’s Robinson who I thought played great last year and Dolcine. That’s a good combination. 

I think the interior line could be great and that could make our running game unstoppable. It could open the pass game. There’s a chance we come running out of the gates with a great offense. 
Back to the top

FAU posted the game notes today on the site and listed this as the starting o-line. 

LT: BJ Etienne
LG: Desmond Noel
C: Nick Weber
RG: Deon Humphrey
RT: Marquice Robinson

Biggest surprise (and it could be a decoy!) is no Maranges at RG. Etienne at LT is interesting but the media reported Doug Johnson Jr. was a bit banged up. I think with an ankle?

Deon played well as a rotational guy last year. ‘Quice improved big time as the year went on. 

The notes they posted said a full two-deep coming tomorrow. Exciting times. 😁

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

FAU posted the game notes today on the site and listed this as the starting o-line. 

Biggest surprise (and it could be a decoy!) is no Maranges at RG. Etienne at LT is interesting but the media reported Doug Johnson Jr. was a bit banged up. I think with an ankle?

Deon played well as a rotational guy last year. ‘Quice improved big time as the year went on. 

Posted On: Sep 16th 2020, 8:06 PM #396016

4 of those linemen played over 500 snaps last year and Humphrey played 169.

I would expect Dolcine to be a starter when the Owls take the field Saturday.

Back to the top

I stand by my comment that the Center needs to be a great run blocker to have a truly dominant run offense. It hasn’t been as good as 2017, and now I think it can get to that again with Weber. Now we can see the true potential of the rest of the offensive lineman. I expect the running game to be unstoppable. 
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

JakeElman said

Posted On: Sep 16th 2020, 8:06 PM #396016

4 of those linemen played over 500 snaps last year and Humphrey played 169.

I would expect Dolcine to be a starter when the Owls take the field Saturday.

Posted On: Sep 16th 2020, 10:06 PM #396017

I didn’t realize Etienne still got over 500 snaps. Wow. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

It's official: FAU is now the underdogs for Saturday's contest.

The line currently sits at Georgia Southern -1.5

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

It's official: FAU is now the underdogs for Saturday's contest.

The line currently sits at Georgia Southern -1.5
Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 11:54 AM #396021

Underdogs? I'll take it.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

FAU will be rocking the all-white uniforms, with red numbers, Saturday afternoon vs. Georgia Southern.

Back to the top

BREAKING: Season opener vs. Georgia Southern is in limbo following more positive Covid-19 tests.

Back to the top

Any idea when we’ll know if the game will be played?
Back to the top
Control functions: