Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-7-20

Add topic

The calendar has moved into November and Conference USA begins week ten of football this Saturday. The seven game schedule starts with a pair of non-conference games before three conference games in the afternoon and a pair of league matchups at night. Twelve of the league’s schools are slated to be in action.

No. 18 Marshall (5-0, 3-0 in C-USA) steps out of league play to host a Massachusetts team (0-1) that opened its abbreviated season of play two weeks ago. The Thundering Herd ranks in the top five nationally in scoring defense (9.4 ppg), rushing defense (72.0 ypg), and total defense (265.0 ypg).

Southern Miss (1-5, 1-1 in C-USA) is also facing a nonconference opponent at home on Saturday, as North Alabama comes to Hattiesburg. Golden Eagles sophomores Hayes Maples and Malik Shorts have been making plays on defense, ranking fifth and sixth in C-USA, respectively in tackles per game at 9.3 and 9.2.

Charlotte (2-3, 1-1 in C-USA) travels to Middle Tennessee (2-5, 2-3 in C-USA) in a matchup of productive quarterbacks. 49ers junior Chris Reynolds is averaging 220.0 yards per game through the air and has thrown six touchdowns, while Blue Raiders junior Asher O’Hara tops C-USA in total offense at 283.6 yards per contest.

UTSA (4-4, 2-2 in C-USA) remains on the road for the second straight week as the Roadrunners make the short trip to Houston to face Rice (1-1, 1-1 in C-USA). UTSA’s defense is tied for eighth in the FBS with eight interceptions and will be matched up against Rice graduate transfer QB Mike Collins, who has thrown eight touchdown passes in his first two games in an Owls uniform.

FIU (0-2, 0-1 in C-USA) is scheduled to make the trip out to UTEP (3-3, 0-2 in C-USA) for the first time since 2016. FIU’s defense has earned 25 tackles for loss this season in only three games, to give the Panthers an 8.3 TFL average per contest. The Miners are second in C-USA and 17th nationally in total defense, allowing 326.5 yards per game, down 104.3 yards per game from 2019.

WKU (2-5, 1-2 in C-USA) is back on the road, heading to Florida Atlantic (2-1, 2-1 in C-USA). Both teams’ strengths have been on the defensive side of the ball this fall. For the Hilltoppers’, their pass defense ranks second in C-USA, and for the Owls’, their run defense is second in the league and their sack average is second in the country.

Louisiana Tech (4-3, 3-2 in C-USA) renews its West Division rivalry with North Texas (2-3, 1-2 in C-USA). The Bulldogs playmaking defense has recorded eight interceptions and returned two of them for touchdowns. This week they will face the Mean Green’s No. 2-ranked offense (593.6 yards per game).

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7

Massachusetts at (15) Marshall (ESPN+)  2:30 pm

North Alabama at Southern Miss (ESPN3)  3 pm

Charlotte at Middle Tennessee (ESPN+)  3:30 pm

UTSA at Rice (ESPN3)  3:30 pm

FIU at UTEP (ESPN3)  4:00 pm

WKU at Florida Atlantic (Stadium)  6:00 pm

LA Tech at North Texas (CBSSN)  7:00 pm
Back to the top

Another weekend approaches, another slate of games called off.

FIU has cancelled their cross-divisional matchup against UTEP out of an "abundance of caution due to the number of healthy scholarship student athletes."

UTSA's contest against Rice has been postponed due to a COVID-19 outbreak within the Roadrunner program. UTSA played FAU in Boca Raton less than a week ago.

North Texas and Louisiana Tech has been postponed due to an outbreak at UNT.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

UTSA just sick at how badly they got outplayed last week! :Laughing:
Back to the top

BREAKING: Charlotte and Middle Tennessee's game will not be played this weekend. There is another COVID-19 outbreak, this time within Charlotte program. Both teams are trying to secure a makeup date.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Wow, CUSA not doing well at all! And I don't mean football even though that is true.

Nations daily avg. now over 90,000 infections per day. Blowing off safety is not the answer.

Owl fans, be safe, stay smart and protect yourselves but more importantly, protect others! As a Christian I ask ya to do the Christian thing. The ONLY way presently we are gonna see sports like football and get back to normal in ALL of our lives.

GO OWLS, pound WKU Sat.!!!!
Back to the top

@georgiaowl….coildnt agree more.
Back to the top

FINAL:

UMass 10  Marshall 51
Back to the top

FINAL:

North Alabama 13 SMiss 24
Back to the top

Back to the top

Marshall put up 51 against umass