Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-14-20

Add topic

All 13 C-USA teams are scheduled to be in action this weekend with six conference games and one non-conference contest. Five of the six matchups are division games with one on Friday night and the rest all on Saturday afternoon.

The annual Shula Bowl is slated to lead off the league’s action on Friday night when Florida Atlantic (2-1, 2-1 in C-USA) makes the 45-mile trek to FIU (0-3, 0-1 in C-USA) for a battle of south Florida. FAU has won the last three Shula Bowl trophies, named after the late Pro Football Hall of Famer Don Shula, who was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins from 1970 to 1995.

Saturday’s action starts with Gardner-Webb (0-0, 0-0 in Big South) visiting Charlotte (2-3, 2-1 in C-USA) in a non-conference game that was added to the schedule on Nov. 3 to give the 49ers  a third non-conference game after two were canceled due to COVID-19-related issues. 49ers junior Chris Reynolds is averaging 220.0 yards per game through the air and has thrown six touchdowns.

Marshall (6-0, 4-0 in C-USA) will host Middle Tennessee (2-5, 2-3 in C-USA) in what will be a special day in Huntington. The game will take place 50 years to the day of the 1970 plane crash that took the lives of 75 people in the worst single air tragedy in NCAA sports history.  Among the losses were nearly the entire Marshall University football team, coaches, flight crew, fans, and supporters. More on the Marshall Plane Crash Memorial.

A pair of teams with very different strengths will meet in Birmingham when North Texas (2-3, 1-2 in C-USA) squares off with UAB (4-3, 2-1 in C-USA). The Mean Green have the top-ranked passing offense (338.6 yards per game) and total offense (593.6) in the conference, while the Blazers have the No. 1 passing defense (179.3) in C-USA and allow 328.6 yards of total offense (fourth).

The Lone Star State rivalry between UTEP (3-3, 0-2 in C-USA) and UTSA (4-4, 2-2 in C-USA) will be renewed at the Alamodome. Each team has multiple receivers ranked in the top 10 of the league, with Jacob Cowing (34 receptions for 515 yards) and Justin Garrett (31 for 445) representing the Miners and Zakhari Franklin (32 for 390) and Joshua Cephus (40 for 386) being listed for the Roadrunners.

Rice (1-1, 1-1 in C-USA) will play at Louisiana Tech (4-3, 3-2 in C-USA) at 2:30 pm CT (ESPN3). Owls’ graduate transfer QB Mike Collins has thrown eight touchdown passes in his first two games in a Rice uniform. The Bulldogs are the first team in C-USA history to have two different QBs named Offensive Player of the Week in the same season when Aaron Allen earned the honor after LA Tech’s win over UAB on Oct. 31.

Southern Miss (1-5, 1-1 in C-USA) will make the trip to Bowling Green to battle WKU (2-5, 1-2 in C-USA) on Saturday afternoon. Golden Eagles RB Frank Gore, Jr. leads all C-USA freshmen in rushing with 461 yards, while Hilltoppers QB Tyrrell Pigrome has not thrown an interception in six games and 152 pass attempts.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13

Florida Atlantic at FIU (CBSSN) 7 pm

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14

Gardner-Webb at Charlotte (ESPN3) 12 pm 

Middle Tennessee at (15) Marshall (CBSSN)  12 pm

North Texas at UAB (Stadium) 3 pm

UTEP at UTSA (ESPN+) 3 pm

Rice at Louisiana Tech (ESPN3) 3:30 pm

Southern Miss at WKU (CBSSN) 3:30 pm
Back to the top

Two games down already.

Rice at La Tech is postponed because of an outbreak at La Tech.

UNT at UAB has been cancelled due to an outbreak at UAB.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Sheesh, and now Gardner-Webb at Charlotte has been called off due to COVID issues within the FCS program.

Back to the top

Dropping like flies again! 
Back to the top

BTW, USM QB Jack Abraham will sit out the remainder of the season. The redshirt senior has battled a concussion and COVID in the last month alone. It certainly doesn't help when the Golden Eagles have had more head coaches (3) than wins (2 out of 7 games) this season.

Back to the top

Rick said

Dropping like flies again! 
Posted On: Nov 13th 2020, 6:08 PM #397635

And another one down, and another one down, and another one bites the dust!

Back to the top

I've never missed a day of work this year. I've known a few people that tested posative. Recently, about a dozen. Not too sick. But scary . Please be careful. Do your best for yourself and family.  
Back to the top

Back to the top

FINAL:

MTSU 14  Marshall 42
Back to the top

FINAL:

UTEP 21  UTSA 52
Back to the top
Control functions: