Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Recruiting - FSU's James Blackman is transferring somewhere

Add topic

What are the odds James Blackman could be looked at as a future QB at FAU?
He's played under Taggart… may do better in this conference and in this school scenario.

Thoughts?

And any knowledge of who we may be targeting at QB now that Sanders has moved on to his dad's field?

‐——————

Seminoles QB, ex-Glades Central star, intends to transfer - Seminoles quarterback James Blackman intends to transfer
Back to the top

fauprowler said

What are the odds James Blackman could be looked at as a future QB at FAU?
He's played under Taggart… may do better in this conference and in this school scenario.

Thoughts?

And any knowledge of who we may be targeting at QB now that Sanders has moved on to his dad's field?

‐——————

Seminoles QB, ex-Glades Central star, intends to transfer - Seminoles quarterback James Blackman intends to transfer
Posted On: Nov 11th 2020, 10:20 PM #397585

Definitely wouldnt be surprised if he ends up here, he was at one time committed to FAU before he flipped to FSU.
Back to the top

Blackmon is the worst QB I’ve ever seen. I think his best chance is a FCS school, you know the ones that are still NCAA just with fewer scholarships. I wouldn’t want to mess that up. 
Back to the top

Some of the Taggart on Blackman File…

On Winning out the Job Over Hornibrook

“We evaluated it the entire training camp from a statistical standpoint, but also just getting our guys to play, the entire offense to play consistently was a big part of it,” Taggart said.

“And then just getting a good feel for who has this football team. And I think James, when it comes to that part of it, James has the football team.”

After the 22-20 Wake Forest Loss

"I thought James did well in the game. You know, I thought he did a good job of distributing the ball to his teammates. I think James completed 71 percent of his passes, which was big time for us. He had an interception where he got hit and maybe if he wouldn’t have got hit, he would have completed a ball over the linebacker there. I thought James played well enough for us to win. You know, just again, we didn’t execute in other areas that kind of cost us. But I thought — there were some plays he could have made to help us, yeah, I think that’s each and every week."

"I don’t think anybody is perfect. But there was also some plays that some teammates could have helped, too, that could have been big plays. So it goes both hand in hand. But I thought overall James did well enough for us to win the ballgame."

After Bad Throws Against Virginia

"James, again, James has some throws that he wishes he could've had back, could've helped our football team. Looking to see him improve from there. And Alex has been doing a good job for us. We have some plays and things where we want to be able to get Alex in, let him run some of those plays. Hopefully we get a chance to do that."

All of this said, he's been accused in various media capacities of not hitting his check downs, and missing open targets in game play.

Also, it is worth noting that Taggart opted to bring in a transfer after Blackman had his chance at running the team.

It would seem improbable that Blackman would land at FAU under a Taggart led program while there will be plenty of other portal prospects to choose from.

Back to the top

I would much rather groom what we have than take in a very unsuccessful  acc qb.  Not an improvement.
Back to the top

Blackmon playing under 4th OC in 4 years. Last year had QB rating of 142 in ACC, Robison 144 in CUSA, just to post some facts/stats.

Not saying we should or should not bring him in IF he were to want to.
Back to the top

Rick said

“We evaluated it the entire training camp from a statistical standpoint, but also just getting our guys to play, the entire offense to play consistently was a big part of it,” Taggart said.

“And then just getting a good feel for who has this football team. And I think James, when it comes to that part of it, James has the football team.”

"I thought James did well in the game. You know, I thought he did a good job of distributing the ball to his teammates. I think James completed 71 percent of his passes, which was big time for us. He had an interception where he got hit and maybe if he wouldn’t have got hit, he would have completed a ball over the linebacker there. I thought James played well enough for us to win. You know, just again, we didn’t execute in other areas that kind of cost us. But I thought — there were some plays he could have made to help us, yeah, I think that’s each and every week."

"I don’t think anybody is perfect. But there was also some plays that some teammates could have helped, too, that could have been big plays. So it goes both hand in hand. But I thought overall James did well enough for us to win the ballgame."

"James, again, James has some throws that he wishes he could've had back, could've helped our football team. Looking to see him improve from there. And Alex has been doing a good job for us. We have some plays and things where we want to be able to get Alex in, let him run some of those plays. Hopefully we get a chance to do that."

All of this said, he's been accused in various media capacities of not hitting his check downs, and missing open targets in game play.

Also, it is worth noting that Taggart opted to bring in a transfer after Blackman had his chance at running the team.

It would seem improbable that Blackman would land at FAU under a Taggart led program while there will be plenty of other portal prospects to choose from.

Posted On: Nov 12th 2020, 12:51 PM #397597

Great analysis Rick!
Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Nov 12th 2020, 12:51 PM #397597
Much agreed.

It is also important to remember Balckman was not even originally recruited by Taggart.

We will be in a great position to land a quality QB with us being a good team and the selling point of ''its your job to lose.''
Back to the top

Could James Blackman be that much worse than the current options?
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Could James Blackman be that much worse than the current options?
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 11:28 AM #398475

Blackman would be meh and draw national criticism, but they need to shoot for better.
Back to the top
Control functions: