Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: UMass @ FAU - November 20, 2020

Add topic

Here's the updated list on all the players that have opted out this season.

Most notable is the fact hat FAU now only has three quarterbacks on scholarship available to play: Posey, Tronti, Taggart Jr.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

JakeElman said

Aaron Young and Agner opted out. 

https://twitter.com/khobi_price/status/1329097436292374537?s=21

So FAU is down to two or three active QBs, depending on what the plan is with Bus…AKA Willie Taggart Jr. 

The fun never stops. 
Posted On: Nov 18th 2020, 11:38 AM #397845

What was the story on Young? I thought he looked pretty good out there. 
Posted On: Nov 18th 2020, 11:44 AM #397846

No clue. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see more kids opt out across the country within the next seven days. Classes don’t come back for many schools until the new year and some guys may want to play it safe as cases skyrocket. Plus, the draft. 

That is not to say that is why AY opted out. The potential for more opt outs is just something on my mind. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

It’d be a pretty bad situation if it came to this but wasn’t Yanez Rogers a QB at Ely? 

Also, MTSU scored 1000 against us once with a WR at QB the whole game
Back to the top

teambeer said

It’d be a pretty bad situation if it came to this but wasn’t Yanez Rogers a QB at Ely? 

Also, MTSU scored 1000 against us once with a WR at QB the whole game
Posted On: Nov 18th 2020, 12:49 PM #397853

He did, you’re right. 

Reese from The Post reported WTJR is now playing WR again because that unit has been hit hard. So FAU is down to two active QBs. 

More reason to add a transfer or two in the signing class. Littlejohn is playing WR and I genuinely don’t know where Agner slots into next year’s plans if he chooses to come back with the waiver. 

I know Taggart has said he views his son as a QB and the son sees himself as a QB, so that’s worth watching. It’s not unheard of for a QB to play a couple years at WR, then move back and have success. D’Eriq King did it at Houston. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

i'm hoping to see some back ups, true freshmen, and seniors get some playing time this friday.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

i'm hoping to see some back ups, true freshmen, and seniors get some playing time this friday.
Posted On: Nov 18th 2020, 2:23 PM #397857

They need to be ready that long touchdown they gave up against FIU was not good. 
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Here's the updated list on all the players that have opted out this season.

Most notable is the fact hat FAU now only has three quarterbacks on scholarship available to play: Posey, Tronti, Taggart Jr.

Posted On: Nov 18th 2020, 12:04 PM #397848

Aaron Young snaps have slowly decreased all season.

Longtime Owl Brandon Robison snaps have been increasing opposite Chase.

BJ Alexander has been in that spot as well.
Back to the top

I didn't know about the snap counts but I have noticed  Brandon s  name mentioned more and more. Good for him. He is working hard
Back to the top

We're about 30 minutes away from kickoff in Boca. Looks like we may finally get a game without rain!

Back to the top

How do y'all like this uniform combo? My only complaint is this silver numbers, but y'all know I'm picky like that.

Back to the top
Control functions: