Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020-21 FAU Offseason Wishlist

rook01 said

if we had Lane Kiffin, we would have a shot at Milton as almost every QB dreams of having an offensive genius like that guy. That is how we got Robison from a top school like Oklahoma. Yes Robison had behavior issues but I guarantee you there were Power 5s that wanted Robison but they had offenses that was like watching paint dry like the Gators until the last 2 years.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:18 AM #398457

If every QB wanted to play for Lane then why were his QB commits:

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

if we had Lane Kiffin, we would have a shot at Milton as almost every QB dreams of having an offensive genius like that guy. That is how we got Robison from a top school like Oklahoma. Yes Robison had behavior issues but I guarantee you there were Power 5s that wanted Robison but they had offenses that was like watching paint dry like the Gators until the last 2 years.

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:29 AM #398461

I would have to go back and look at the timeline, but I now think the push for Littlejohn was a panic move by the staff. Driskel retired, no one knew yet how De’Andre Johnson would be after the blood clots, Parr had transferred. 

Also, FAU took Romphf over Michael Pratt, and Pratt went to Tulane. And Romphf is now playing DB at Purdue. 

Cordel is a really nice guy, comes from a great family. When spring camp opened in ‘19, I had expected more from him. They moved him to WR for a reason.

This staff cannot do a panic move if Agner and Tronti don’t come back, and make that clear soon. If FAU goes into spring ball with Posey, Taggart Jr., and the two freshmen emergency arms … Yikes. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Tronti is a Junior and I see no reason why he would not come back.
Back to the top

JakeElman said

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

I would have to go back and look at the timeline, but I now think the push for Littlejohn was a panic move by the staff. Driskel retired, no one knew yet how De’Andre Johnson would be after the blood clots, Parr had transferred. 

Also, FAU took Romphf over Michael Pratt, and Pratt went to Tulane. And Romphf is now playing DB at Purdue. 

Cordel is a really nice guy, comes from a great family. When spring camp opened in ‘19, I had expected more from him. They moved him to WR for a reason.

This staff cannot do a panic move if Agner and Tronti don’t come back, and make that clear soon. If FAU goes into spring ball with Posey, Taggart Jr., and the two freshmen emergency arms … Yikes. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:35 AM #398462

I thought Littlejohn was a Partridge signee? Sort of off topic but outside of Caliph Brice and James Charles, are there any Partridge signees still on the team? 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

I thought Littlejohn was a Partridge signee? Sort of off topic but outside of Caliph Brice and James Charles, are there any Partridge signees still on the team? 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:42 AM #398464

Littlejohn was 2018. Lanes first full class. Brice was also a lane signee
Back to the top

JakeElman said

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Also regarding Pratt. I don’t think he comes to FAU at the end. Tulane a better academic opportunity and a great offensive HC, plus better conference 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:42 AM #398464

Charles, John Mitchell, Leighton, Korel Smith. Jordan Helm walked on in 2016, Charlie’s last year, and got placed on scholarship later. 

Charles said publicly he wants to come back and I honestly expect Helm to come back. The other three are TBD. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Notice I said a shot not a lock. I have never said he was going to get every QB he wanted. There are plenty of Power 5 coaches that have great offensive minds. Yet Georgia is so awful offensively that they can not even keep a good QB when they recruit a great one in Justin Fields but start Jake Fromme over him. I remember the FAU announcing crew getting crap from Gator fans when one of the FAU analyst said except for Driskel, none of the UF QBs would make it at FAU. If another big time Power 5 school with an offensive mind came calling, Robison would not have been here as well. Plus Lane has never been afraid of players with baggage. It is easier to take chances at FAU than a Power 5 school and have the guy's behavior issues get your school  sanctioned.

You think Chris Robison comes here if we had Partridge. Look at what Lane has done to the Old Miss offense. I have never seen Alabama's defense humiliated like the way old Miss. It does not mean you can't scheme against Lane though (see Arkansas) I do remember after Lane's first season at FAU, his head did get too big. Remember the 4th and 1 failure at his own 12 yard line in Season 2. The losing record he suffered in Season 2 put the guy's ego in check for Season 3. Not completely but he was suicidal here in Season 2.

Lane also uses what I call specialty player recruits. Guys who could score TDs or make big yardage plays in offensive packages (Remember Franklin from Auburn)but were not on the field most of the time. They were killers though in the special packages Lane had for them. I think Milton wants to stay in Florida but he has plenty of choices from UM, UF and FSU as well as out of state with Scott Frost at Nebraska.
Back to the top

rook01 said

DeltAlumnus said

rook01 said

Deandre Johnson
Cordell Littlejohn
Javion Posey

Notice I said a shot not a lock. I have never said he was going to get every QB he wanted. There are plenty of Power 5 coaches that have great offensive minds. Yet Georgia is so awful offensively that they can not even keep a good QB when they recruit a great one in Justin Fields but start Jake Fromme over him. I remember the FAU announcing crew getting crap from Gator fans when one of the FAU analyst said except for Driskel, none of the UF QBs would make it at FAU. If another big time Power 5 school with an offensive mind came calling, Robison would not have been here as well. Plus Lane has never been afraid of players with baggage. It is easier to take chances at FAU than a Power 5 school and have the guy's behavior issues get your school  sanctioned.

You think Chris Robison comes here if we had Partridge. Look at what Lane has done to the Old Miss offense. I have never seen Alabama's defense humiliated like the way old Miss. It does not mean you can't scheme against Lane though (see Arkansas) I do remember after Lane's first season at FAU, his head did get too big. Remember the 4th and 1 failure at his own 12 yard line in Season 2. The losing record he suffered in Season 2 put the guy's ego in check for Season 3. Not completely but he was suicidal here in Season 2.

Lane also uses what I call specialty player recruits. Guys who could score TDs or make big yardage plays in offensive packages (Remember Franklin from Auburn)but were not on the field most of the time. They were killers though in the special packages Lane had for them. I think Milton wants to stay in Florida but he has plenty of choices from UM, UF and FSU as well as out of state with Scott Frost at Nebraska.

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 9:33 AM #398468

Tronti was this type of player last year. Unfortunately his skill set doesn’t seem to transfer to a more traditional role
Back to the top

Got a chance to see the team last night first time in person all season. Defense and offense played hard. I think if Tronti plays then its a close game. No way we were going to just run on ga southern that was a mistake that is their game. When tronti got in the offense moved. Being in the stadium allowed me to see angles that I could not see on tv. Let me say this without taking shots at the QB room. There is not one throw they make consistently. Everyone wants the short throws bu posey even missed on throws. I got home took screenshots to show examples. Thats a 5 yard throw and its wide open. That is a high school level throw.Not connecting on these puts the offense behind the sticks. Posey sails this ball almost into the stands. We need a qb we bad the tight end open up the sideline and couldn’t hit him. I saw players open underneath and posey went deep into triple coverage and got picked. Teams are putting everyone in the box hard to run on that. Need a QB bad posey could develop but he needs 2 years minimum after watching him closely.
Back to the top
Control functions: