Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Penn State QB Michael Johnson Jr. Announces Transfer to FAU

Add topic

Russo to Michigan State according to 247.
Back to the top

I'm extremely happy with Johnson. Very good athlete. Penn State had a mass exodus.  We got lucky with this one. Now we need to get a couple more of our committed wr's signed . I miss the wide open FAU  offense. Time will tell. Its all in Taggart s hands.
Back to the top

Guy I know worked on Penn State’s football equipment staff from 2017-19. Was texting him last night and he said Johnson Jr. is a good guy, very respectful. He wasn’t super mobile but he played well on scout team. Good awareness. 

It’s not a super thorough scouting report but it’s better than nothing. It’s always nice hearing when guys are respectful to the support staff, equipment managers, etc. (My friend there would not lie.)

He didn’t get to know Dunmore as well as he did MJJ. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Johnson was the 13th ranked Dual threat QB out of HS, we shall see! 5,565 and 69 TD passes in HS out in Cal.

Here is his 24/7 page;

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Johnson-Jr-89906/
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Johnson was the 13th ranked Dual threat QB out of HS, we shall see! 5,565 and 69 TD passes in HS out in Cal.

Here is his 24/7 page;

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Johnson-Jr-89906/
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 8:15 AM #399120

Wow. Fwiw, MJJ had way more reported offers (and from programs with historically good QBs) than Christopher Robison. Doesn’t mean much, but it means something that all those schools believed in him.

Yesterday probably could not have gone better.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Will MJJ  be here in January?
Back to the top

He has potential if Coached well! If we cannot develop players then position Coaches need to be changed
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Will MJJ  be here in January?
Posted On: Dec 17th 2020, 9:25 AM #399122

Yes, and we have him for four years.

Think of this as getting a high school QB.
Back to the top

If I had to bet I’d say we won’t get another QB. I’m a little worried if it’s Johnson Jr. and no quality backup for the next 3-4 years. 
Back to the top

One thing we have ALWAYS seen is our QBs taking a giant step from their 1st year as a starter to the next. Rusty, Van Camp, Wilbert, Johnson, Driskell, and Robison all showed great improvement in their second years, as is typical for college QBs. I can see a much improved Tronti starting next year if he stays.
Back to the top
Control functions: