Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 QB Situation

If Posey has a good spring and can become a dynamic run first QBS, we could be in good shape for a while. He did show flashes but he was also a Freshman. Hopefully a full offseason will help him out I would love to see the Gulf Coast Offense rebranded to the Atlantic Coast Offense 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

If Posey has a good spring and can become a dynamic run first QBS, we could be in good shape for a while. He did show flashes but he was also a Freshman. Hopefully a full offseason will help him out I would love to see the Gulf Coast Offense rebranded to the Atlantic Coast Offense 
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 4:30 PM #399658

He needs 2 years minimum he didnt even recognize where the blitz was coming from against memphis. I know there is alot of talk about the playcalls but if you go back and watch USF and Oregon they didnt have any problems putting up points. In 2017 The gulf coast offense put 62 on oregon state and the offense was wide open. They also gashed nebraska for 35 points in a half. The hill i will stay on is we need a QB for any chance of success. Tronti and posey have bad throwing motions and instincts.

Back to the top

Yea I’m going to watch these videos. They both have bad instincts but Posey takes bad throwing motions to the next level. He can’t stop fumbling and throwing picks.

I think he should play receiver. He had a great TD reception last season in the Boca Bowl. It was from Tronti actually. 

I’m willing To go with Johnson Jr. I hope he has talent although it’s very worrisome that he couldn’t climb the PSU depth chart. 
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

Local Owl said

Through this bowls season, I watched and just shook  my head. The arms and ability of some of these young qb's is just amazing. How could lane settle for mediocre  when he was lane kiffin. Our qb room should be full of arms.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 8:18 AM #399646

I didnt find one QB that I said our QBs are better than definitively. Watching malik wills from liberty run that zone read was a thing od beauty at times. Coach taggart said we have to get stronger almost every team we played had a size advantage against us. I would also say we need to get better Qb play as well. 
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 9:39 AM #399649

Well THIS is BAD NEWS for FAU;
https://wku.rivals.com/news/houston-baptist-s-record-setting-qb-bailey-zappe-joins-wku

WE BETTER GET BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

If Tronti or Posey start at QB for us , we will be average once again
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

1OwlFLATL said

Local Owl said

Through this bowls season, I watched and just shook  my head. The arms and ability of some of these young qb's is just amazing. How could lane settle for mediocre  when he was lane kiffin. Our qb room should be full of arms.

I didnt find one QB that I said our QBs are better than definitively. Watching malik wills from liberty run that zone read was a thing od beauty at times. Coach taggart said we have to get stronger almost every team we played had a size advantage against us. I would also say we need to get better Qb play as well. 

https://wku.rivals.com/news/houston-baptist-s-record-setting-qb-bailey-zappe-joins-wku

Posted On: Dec 28th 2020, 7:55 AM #399661

Quick, somebody show https://247sports.com/Player/Ethan-Garbers-46053994/ current weather conditions in Boca Raton…

Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

GeorgiaOwl said

1OwlFLATL said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 28th 2020, 7:55 AM #399661

Quick, somebody show https://247sports.com/Player/Ethan-Garbers-46053994/ current weather conditions in Boca Raton…

Posted On: Dec 28th 2020, 1:06 PM #399664

Yea, I meant to grab the kid from Wisconsin, but my brain was like, "Oh, a 'W', 'you got it, pull it up.'"
Back to the top

There will be more QBs that enter the portal. Nkosi perry come to paradise! 
Back to the top

Still think James Blackmon is our best “ready-now” option if he transfers here. Groom Posey and Michael Johnson for the future
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Yea I’m going to watch these videos. They both have bad instincts but Posey takes bad throwing motions to the next level. He can’t stop fumbling and throwing picks.

I think he should play receiver. He had a great TD reception last season in the Boca Bowl. It was from Tronti actually. 

I’m willing To go with Johnson Jr. I hope he has talent although it’s very worrisome that he couldn’t climb the PSU depth chart. 
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 6:59 PM #399660

Agree with this.  Posey has size and athletic ability, plus isn't scared of contact.  He could be a great weapon for us if we know how to use him.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: