Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 QB Situation

walty12 said

jgf2017 said

Yea I’m going to watch these videos. They both have bad instincts but Posey takes bad throwing motions to the next level. He can’t stop fumbling and throwing picks.

I think he should play receiver. He had a great TD reception last season in the Boca Bowl. It was from Tronti actually. 

I’m willing To go with Johnson Jr. I hope he has talent although it’s very worrisome that he couldn’t climb the PSU depth chart. 
Posted On: Dec 27th 2020, 6:59 PM #399660

Agree with this.  Posey has size and athletic ability, plus isn't scared of contact.  He could be a great weapon for us if we know how to use him.
Posted On: Dec 30th 2020, 12:04 PM #399681

Problem is he needs 2 years of developing all the things that are non athletic. Blitz pickups, audibles, etc. the athleticism is there but we can’t wait for him to get going. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Yea I’m going to watch these videos. They both have bad instincts but Posey takes bad throwing motions to the next level. He can’t stop fumbling and throwing picks.

I think he should play receiver. He had a great TD reception last season in the Boca Bowl. It was from Tronti actually. 

I’m willing To go with Johnson Jr. I hope he has talent although it’s very worrisome that he couldn’t climb the PSU depth chart. 

He sat behind a guy who got NFL snaps this year… am I missing something?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Penn State has had some good QBs
Back to the top

This idea that Posey can be developed is laughable. I compare Posey to a running back or receiver playing QB. So what he can run, so can a wide receiver playing QB which he is. He throws like a, I probably shouldn’t say it’s got 4 letters. There’s no way you can fix a throwing motion like that. He threw a pass underhand.

The best you could possibly hope with Posey is that he will beat bad teams. If he’s at QB against a good team forget about it. 

All of the eggs are in the basket for Johnson Jr. There’s not going to be any other competition brought in. I’m a little worried when a dual threat QB’s scouting report says “must learn how to throw better” but his video looks 100 billion times better than Posey’s windup. Absolutely no chance with Posey. You can’t throw like that. 
Back to the top

I've been looking at too many potential transfers, so I might be mixing these guys up with others (I mean, I could double-check just now but…), the kid from Kentucky might've had an over-lap with Taggart at Oregon and the kid from Maryland, I think at least, had an in-home with Taggart while he was at…FSU?..or some other school. When you look hard enough, too hard, they all seem to have some sort of connection to somebody.

I don't know that Posey can't be developed. But yea, he may work best as an athlete; running, receiving, returning and so on.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

There’s not going to be any other competition brought in.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2021, 8:39 PM #399773

What are you basing this continued claim on?

Please share your source.

Back to the top

I don’t have a source. I’m making a guess based on following football for a long time.
We haven’t gotten anyone else yet. It’s not ridiculously early in the offseason either. QB’s are transferring left and right. It’s not like QB’s aren’t transferring already. I won’t mention this again until the season starts and it’ll be known whether we got another QB to compete for the starting job. 

How do you know that we will get another transfer QB to compete for the starting job?

I’ve been watching football for a long time. I’ve been to a lot of games and watched a lot of the greatest players of all time. I’ll put my word against anyone’s and would think my predictions have earned respect, although apparently that’s not the case.

The initial wave of QB transfers has happened and we haven’t gotten anyone besides Johnson Jr. much less one to compete for the starting job.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

How do you know that we will get another transfer QB to compete for the starting job?
Posted On: Jan 5th 2021, 9:47 PM #399776

Just to level set, I am responding to this statement:

"There’s not going to be any other competition brought in."

I didn't mention or confirm a transfer, but that is in all likelihood the source of the next addition, if not multiple. HS talent is also still on the table, although not as likely.

Dating back to 1992, I worked inside the athletic department until 2000, and have been directly involved or covering the program for a total of 28 years.

Both myself, and the team members I lead within this site are connected with sources inside the department and outside the department. We have a penchant for making public statements that are both factual and have merit.

This said, I stand by the premise that there will be another QB added to our class.
Back to the top

Rick said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jan 5th 2021, 9:47 PM #399776

Just to level set, I am responding to this statement:

"There’s not going to be any other competition brought in."

I didn't mention or confirm a transfer, but that is in all likelihood the source of the next addition, if not multiple. HS talent is also still on the table, although not as likely.

Dating back to 1992, I worked inside the athletic department until 2000, and have been directly involved or covering the program for a total of 28 years.

Both myself, and the team members I lead within this site are connected with sources inside the department and outside the department. We have a penchant for making public statements that are both factual and have merit.

This said, I stand by the premise that there will be another QB added to our class.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2021, 10:50 PM #399777

I have no connections or inside info, but there are just so many good QBs in the portal, I don't see why FAU should settle on just one. Posey and Tronti are trash.
Back to the top

Omg. I woke up to this again
Back to the top
Control functions: