Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mike Stoops to FAU Football as New DC

Brian White is a good AD. But Kiffin and all his assistants not least of which was Coach Love were brought in when Chun was the AD. The team was already successful with a great S&C program before White got here.

Stoops knows that it’s easy to be successful here due to the talent and the best S&C in the conference. He will do great here and move on, maybe after we make the top 25 and become more well known.

Leavitt did a great job, but Spencer and Chris Kiffin also did great jobs. And Leavitt didn’t shut down everyone I’m just saying.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Local Owl said

Just so no one is surprised, Brian white will leave some day. That's what happens when you do a good job. But we will then hire the next up and comer.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 8:28 PM #400312

Yea I don’t think it’s common for Presidents to hop from job to job as long as we still have Dr. Kelly, we’ll be fine.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 10:04 PM #400313

Dr. Kelly is awesome. I think more than worrying about coaches leaving we need better attendance, more season ticket holders and more paradise donations. That is what is holding us back. We lost 90 percent of our starters and still made a bowl game. We are in a prime location we can attract good players and coaches.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

This is about as good as a hire we could have asked for.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 12:54 PM #400288

Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Brian White is a good AD. But Kiffin and all his assistants not least of which was Coach Love were brought in when Chun was the AD. The team was already successful with a great S&C program before White got here.

Stoops knows that it’s easy to be successful here due to the talent and the best S&C in the conference. He will do great here and move on, maybe after we make the top 25 and become more well known.

Leavitt did a great job, but Spencer and Chris Kiffin also did great jobs. And Leavitt didn’t shut down everyone I’m just saying.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2021, 10:11 PM #400315

Chun had absolutely zero to do with the Lane hire. In fact, Chun had separately come to terms with that coach who went to ODU (or Charlotte, either way, he sucked) and our Prez and Trustees went to get Lane themselves. Let’s not give Patty any credit for the Lane Train. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

jgf2017 said

Chun had absolutely zero to do with the Lane hire. In fact, Chun had separately come to terms with that coach who went to ODU (or Charlotte, either way, he sucked) and our Prez and Trustees went to get Lane themselves. Let’s not give Patty any credit for the Lane Train. 
Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 7:22 AM #400320

100%, I think Chun was actually opposed to the Lane hiring.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 7:22 AM #400320

100%, I think Chun was actually opposed to the Lane hiring.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2021, 12:12 PM #400324

He wanted to be cost conscious and hire Bobby Wilder (the Old Dominion head coach at the time) then thankfully Dr. Kelly came in and opened the check book
Back to the top

These White’s sure have a knack for getting in good spots. Danny White comes to UCF after an 0-12 season with a team with talent that had quit on their last coach and nowhere to go but up. Brian White comes here right after we have a superhuman S&C program and one of the best offensive minds in Kiffin. I do think it was perfect timing him getting Taggart. I’m not sure how much skill was involved there. Regardless he will soon be at a P5 program. 

What I’m upset at is all these coaches leave here when they all would rather live here and be at FAU if it wasn’t about the money.
Back to the top
Control functions: