Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Indiana State @ FAU - March 11-13, 2021

Add topic

Jake Jinx…but is a beautiful night here. Glad to be back. Too bad I brought the bad luck with me 😉

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Rick said

They waxed FIU, saw it coming…but also thought we were BETTER.

:Big-Grin:
Posted On: Mar 12th 2021, 7:36 PM #401108

Lol me too.  To be honest I'm starting to question if we'll even be able to make a regional now.  
Back to the top

The FAU Baseball team drops their third game in a row, losing 10-2 to the Indiana State Sycamores. This is the first series that the Owls have dropped all season.

The Rundown
  • Jacob Josey only pitched 1.2 innings in his return, allowing five runs, two of them being earned runs. Coach Mac says the team may have rushed him back from injury and he may need a bit more time to recover.
  • Dante Visconti was the star of the show for the Owls, pitching two perfect innings with three strikeouts.
  • Shane McGrann hit a home run in the bottom of the eighth inning. The two-run shot accounted for the only two Owls runs of the day.
  • Jack Stroud pitched a clean ninth inning in his first appearance of the season, only walking one batter and striking out a batter.

"We've just gotta figure out a way to get out of these prolonged innings. There are two outs with two strikes and they end up scoring six runs, and we mix in an error there which could have kept it to two or three runs. We've got to figure out a way to extract ourselves from that." -head coach John McCormack.

The Owls will be back in action for the final game of the series tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. The game will be broadcast on C-USA TV.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

You must have pitching to win in tournaments. Even if we get to a regional, we can't score enough to win with our arms. Sorry, but true.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

You must have pitching to win in tournaments. Even if we get to a regional, we can't score enough to win with our arms. Sorry, but true.
Posted On: Mar 12th 2021, 10:49 PM #401115

Yup.  Our pitchings been a red flag since opening weekend.  Was hoping they would start to come into form as the season moved along.  Unfortunately it appears that's not happening yet, or if it will at all.  Pitching performance and consistency has definitely stepped down ever since Jason Jackson left for Alabama few years ago.  
Back to the top

We aren't scoring runs as of late either, bats have gone cold for the most part. 
Back to the top

Last two posts are so accurate.
Back to the top
Control functions: