Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ USF - March 19-21, 2021

Add topic

When the 50/50 calls go against us, it surely doesn't help that it takes the FIFTH inning to record our first hit.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Into the eighth inning, and we FINALLY get USF's SP out of the game.

Back to the top

Nich caught 'em running! What a beautiful throw!

Back to the top

FINAL. Owls fall to USF, 4-0.

Back to the top

FAU's lackluster night at the plate dooms the Owls to a 4-0 defeat to USF. Having lost five out of their last seven, the Owls fall to 10-7 on the year.

The Rundown

• Nicholas Toney and Mitchell Hartigan were the only Owls to reach base via a hit. This is the first time FAU has mustered as little as a pair of hits since the 8-0 loss to FGCU on March 5.

• Starting pitcher Matt Sparling put in another great outing on the mound, although he is saddled with his first loss. His six innings of work saw seven strikeouts and just five hits. Three out of the four runs given up by the lefty were earned.

• The Owls had no answer for USF's Dylan Burns. The Bulls right-handed starter threw for seven innings, collecting six punch outs along the way.

• Several questionable calls went against FAU's way, including a tagged runner and force out at second. Both runners were called safe in USF's favor and would later come home for runs.

NEXT: Owls will have a chance to take the series in tomorrow's finale. First pitch from Tampa comes at 1 PM.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

Back to the top

Cooley was  a stud on Friday and tonight FAU ooked absolutely terrible. I don't get it. Glad it's not my job.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I don't get it….
Posted On: Mar 20th 2021, 9:05 PM #401285

You're selling yourself short, it's BASEBALL!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

To ease the pain, Indiana State has now taken the first two games from UAB…

Yes, they are a very good team.
Back to the top

We got crushed by the canes.  The noles are man handling the canes. I'm glad we aren't visiting Tallahassee this year. And I know OSU  is looking way better than anticipated.
Back to the top

First pitch from the series-deciding Game Three and Wilfredo Alvarez smacks into the gap for a single! Already performing better at the plate than last night!

Back to the top
Control functions: