Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Spring Game

Add topic

I’m there in 10 min. Hoping to get a sense of how the guys look 
Back to the top

Here is the first touchdown of the game!
Back to the top

It was great roll on out a blitz and finding the open man.
Back to the top

Kelvin Dean is having a nice day. A couple of real nice runs.
Back to the top

Tronti and MJJ have played solid so far. Both have made a few nice throws have led scoring drives.
Back to the top

MJJ is having himself a day.
Back to the top

Oh boy! Did we find our QB!!?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Quick observations from the 200 section:

- RBs especially Ford, Mobley and Dean look really good. Wonder why we haven’t seen more of James Charles, Malcom Davidson or Larry McCammon.

- Defense will perform solid I believe and the Kickers have hit a couple of long ones including a 51 harder by Suarez.

As for QBs, I’m going to give my power rankings as follows:

1. MJJ looks like a total stud. Two long dimes in coverage for scores and has shown the ability to run. Throws are crisp looks to command the offense well.

2. Tronti is what he is. Consistent passer would like to see a little more wiggle and big play ability from him but he’s been accurate for the most part.

3. Posey showing he’s still the most lethal running QB on the roster. He had a run in the second quarter that would have gone for 70 yards if he wasn’t called down by a touch. He had some nice throws but some inconsistencies remain from a passing perspective 

4. Taggart Jr does not look good at all. Aside from that 75 yard throw to a wide open Johnny Ford, which I thought he might miss, he has thrown bad ball after bad ball. Even on completions, throws are behind the receivers and he missed a couple of wide open guys in the second quarter.

All in all, it looks like it’s MJJ’s job to lose. Go Owls!!
Back to the top

White Team, lead by Coach Bills come out on top!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Quick observations from the 200 section:

- RBs especially Ford, Mobley and Dean look really good. Wonder why we haven’t seen more of James Charles, Malcom Davidson or Larry McCammon.

- Defense will perform solid I believe and the Kickers have hit a couple of long ones including a 51 harder by Suarez.

As for QBs, I’m going to give my power rankings as follows:

1. MJJ looks like a total stud. Two long dimes in coverage for scores and has shown the ability to run. Throws are crisp looks to command the offense well.

2. Tronti is what he is. Consistent passer would like to see a little more wiggle and big play ability from him but he’s been accurate for the most part.

3. Posey showing he’s still the most lethal running QB on the roster. He had a run in the second quarter that would have gone for 70 yards if he wasn’t called down by a touch. He had some nice throws but some inconsistencies remain from a passing perspective 

4. Taggart Jr does not look good at all. Aside from that 75 yard throw to a wide open Johnny Ford, which I thought he might miss, he has thrown bad ball after bad ball. Even on completions, throws are behind the receivers and he missed a couple of wide open guys in the second quarter.

All in all, it looks like it’s MJJ’s job to lose. Go Owls!!
Posted On: Mar 27th 2021, 4:40 PM #401416

Agree…we are nearing the point where we have to start asking if Taggart’s future is at QB. Johnson impressed me. Ford will be a star if all goes to plan. Unsure on what to think with WRs. 

Great turnout. Got to see some people I haven’t seen since shutdown. $4 Bud Light is always a winner in my book. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: