Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Spring Game

Add topic

Let's just leave this right here (as well)…

Back to the top

Here is my non biased take on this game. Posey and taggart Jr are at the bottom of the qb list. Johnson Jr and tronti looked sharp.  The difference is Johnson looked more more quick and he threw  a 45 yard pass while rolling right. Pretty impressive. Defense will be good. Remember , it was split today. The most impressive guy today, imho, was Mobley.  He looked like an absolute stud. Our Corp of rb's is crazy good. Im not a coach. I am a simple fan. But I know what I see. Keep taggart Jr as a back up QB.  But maybe it's time to figure out a way to work Posey into to offense in a different manor . Over all , I was happy. Particularly when a 51 yard field goal went thru the south up rights. We shoild be ok. Stop with the over used QB  runs. Far too predictable.  I wish I could have said hello to Howard today. But  I'm sure the old dude was watching. Making sure his program was doing ok. RIP  my friend.
Back to the top

MJJ looks like best option at QB his throwing motion just looked fluid and he made plays just look easy, also Zuberi looked great today, it was good to see malcolm lamar and hawthrone make some plays. I thought the defense also played pretty good.
Back to the top

Exactly. Johnson looked very comfortable and fluid. Great description. I don't want my qb to be a runner.  Let the runners run. Qb's must make the throws . And to have a guy that can run if all else fails, is a plus. He also has size. Looks more durable.  But what do I know.  I am very happy he transferred in. Even if Perry shows up, Johnson looks like the future.
Back to the top

Good observation also he definitely has the size to take a hit and the speed to pick up yards with his legs if he has to, I was very impressed by him today
Back to the top

QB Numbers from today…

Back to the top

I didnt need the numbers to verify what i watched. Th e quality of the passes were evident. The accuracy  was evident.  Even the projection of the ball was evident. I hate seeing a pass with the nose of the ball slightly down. That is short arming and generally a sign of indecision. And the numbers verified it. I saw a lot of kids from local high schools at the game. FAU  put on a good show for them.
Back to the top

Add the receiver drops on Nick Tronti's White team's first 2 drives @ 4 total, 1 for a TD. Similar to what plagued his numbers last season. He was sharp otherwise even though Johnson hit his throws for the points which was good to see.

WT SR waived off the PI call on Tronti/White team 3rd down near the end of the game (3 min left). Wonder why? :Winking: Called the last TD good even though it was a drop. Wonder why? :Winking:
Back to the top

If they are close you play the young guy. So for tronti to start he needs to seperate being the older qb. Sometimes if recievers are dropping balls its because its a duck of a pass. Throws need to be in rhythm and in place. 
Back to the top

Bucs1 said

WT SR waived off the PI call on Tronti/White team 3rd down near the end of the game (3 min left). Wonder why? :Winking: Called the last TD good even though it was a drop. Wonder why? :Winking:
Posted On: Mar 28th 2021, 9:51 AM #401447

Schnellenberger (God rest his soul), used to do the exact same thing when scrimmages would be lopsided otherwise…sometimes they want a relatively even outcome for whatever reason and "fudge" around the play calling and penalties, etc.

Back to the top
Control functions: