Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Spring Game

Add topic

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

SeminOwl28 said

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

Anyway to watch a replay of this anywhere?
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 7:48 AM #401481

No, they didn't stream it…
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 7:59 AM #401484

Wow so still acting like a minor league program I see.  Geez how hard is it to film this …

Oh well thanks for the updates for those of us who live out of state
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 8:56 AM #401488

This is a little unfair.

They also decided to do this last minute, so hiring a small crew decided where to stream it is difficult.

I am not sure how it would work with CUSA TV rights, but I am sure FAU would have to get some approval from CUSA.

It would also, coast a bit to do it with little to any benefit.

People sometimes forget FAU, like many G5 schools, have to stretch every penny.

Over 50 percent of the of the athletic budget is still paid for by student fees, the CUSA TV revenue is 500,000 compared to 5-6 million in the American.

FAU has not even brought back their full ticket sales team from Covid.

Anyone that wants FAU to be less minor league they can call the Paradise club team.

Considering everything, I am happy they opened and there was a pretty nice crowd for and FAU spring game.

Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 10:14 AM #401489

High school football programs can pay to stream games so give me a break on the excuses with that.   My high school had a camera showing every game.  I think a college in fricken boca raton should be able to cover that.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

Wow so still acting like a minor league program I see.  Geez how hard is it to film this …

This is a little unfair.

They also decided to do this last minute, so hiring a small crew decided where to stream it is difficult.

I am not sure how it would work with CUSA TV rights, but I am sure FAU would have to get some approval from CUSA.

Over 50 percent of the of the athletic budget is still paid for by student fees, the CUSA TV revenue is 500,000 compared to 5-6 million in the American.

Anyone that wants FAU to be less minor league they can call the Paradise club team.

Considering everything, I am happy they opened and there was a pretty nice crowd for and FAU spring game.

High school football programs can pay yo stream games so give me a break on the excuses with that.   My high school had a camera showing every game.  I think a college in fricken boca raton should be able to cover that.
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 10:19 AM #401490

When I was upstairs on the Acura deck, they had video of the game playing on a couple TVs. Nothing fancy but probably what would be on the monitor for the broadcast crews and Jumbotron replays.  

If it’s feasible and legal, schools should look into doing that. You’re already airing it at the stadium. If it’s legal to do on YouTube*, they should go that route. 

*Speaking of YouTube, I love that one of the FAU Owl Radio hosts often streams the home baseball games on YouTube and you can see what’s going on without needing to use CUSA.TV. God Bless America. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

This is a little unfair.

High school football programs can pay to stream games so give me a break on the excuses with that.   My high school had a camera showing every game.  I think a college in fricken boca raton should be able to cover that.

As pointed out, TV rights have more to do with this. Teams with ESPN contracts get put on ESPN+ and so on.

FAU just can not go Facebook live or put in on the website.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

This is a little unfair.

As pointed out, TV rights have more to do with this. Teams with ESPN contracts get put on ESPN+ and so on.

FAU just can not go Facebook live or put in on the website.
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 10:28 AM #401492

High schools have tv rights too.   Here in ohio , spectrum cable has rights to the states high school games.   It still got worked out

Another poor excuse.   And you brought up the costs in your first diversion post so that's why I called that bogus as well.

They can get it done.
Back to the top

So they opened the spring game up to the public and now people are upset that it was not streamed? If they streamed it live that would have hurt attendance. Which non P5 schools have confirmed streamed spring games???
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

So they opened the spring game up to the public and now people are upset that it was not streamed? If they streamed it live that would have hurt attendance. Which non P5 schools have confirmed streamed spring games???
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 11:10 AM #401494

Kind of hard to attend live if you live out of state.  But this hurts interest for people who can't make it either way.  
Back to the top

I know this isn't going to solve the desire to watch it, however we went from not even having a Spring Game, to having a closed one, to having a fully open one…

So at least we had one.

That said, the problem was that there were 11 events that day and simply not enough staff available to do it even if they wanted to…and not making excuses, but when you just let 30 associates go due to COVID well it's easy to do the math…
Back to the top

Rick said

I know this isn't going to solve the desire to watch it, however we went from not even having a Spring Game, to having a closed one, to having a fully open one…

So at least we had one.

That said, the problem was that there were 11 events that day and simply not enough staff available to do it even if they wanted to…and not making excuses, but when you just let 30 associates go due to COVID well it's easy to do the math…
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 11:22 AM #401496

Not your fault or the staff here

But sounds like bad planning.   Football drives the bus for schools. Other minor sports shouldn't get the same resources and attention .   This is a chance to showcase your biggest athletic product and it's very easy and cheap to do it.  As I said , high schools manage to do it here

I'm sure they don't turn away money from out of state too for those saying those people don't matter
Back to the top

Right! Coach Schnellenberger have his son on the other team running the offense? I doubt it. Some one is not paying attention here!
Back to the top

Bucs1 said

Right! Coach Schnellenberger have his son on the other team running the offense? I doubt it. Some one is not paying attention here!
Posted On: Mar 29th 2021, 9:30 PM #401512

If the score of the spring game bothers you that much just give tronti’s team 7 more points. 
Back to the top
Control functions: