Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Marshall - March 26 - 28, 2021

Add topic

OWLS WIN! COMEBACK COMPLETE!

FAU plates five in the bottom of the seventh to secure the series over Marshall.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU has turned the tide in the win column after taking two games from Marshall on Saturday with late game heroics coming the latter stanza, to remain perfect in their C-USA opening weekend against the Herd at 3-0.

The Rundown
  • The Owls' staff combined for 16 set-downs on the day (Sam Drumheller 5, Braden Ostrander 4)
  • RHP Dante Visconti threw four innings, allowing just one-run in Game One
  • SS Wilfredo Alvarez had 2RBI and 2 RS, while RF Bobby Morgensen (2R HR) knocked in three runs
  • 1B  Nolan Schanuel was 2-for-5 with 2RBI and 2RS
  • Catcher Shane Magrann, who was making his first career start, was 2-for-3 with 2 RS in Game Two
  • Nicholas Del Prado took the win in Game Two with two innings of hitless action and two K's
  • Jared DeSantolo's full-count 2RBI 1B in Game Two's bottom 7th sealed the series for FAU

"I'm just happy with the way the guys hung in there. The (2nd) game did not start off the way we wanted it to after playing really well game one. We got down 6-0 and chipped away (as) their guy was throwing an absolute gem. But proud of our guys, just stuck around and had some really good at-bats strung together…and then Jared (DeSantolo) comes up with the big hit in the bottom of the seventh to walk it off. That's a really, really shining moment for him." - Head Coach John McCormack.

The Owls will conclude the series tomorrow at 11:30 AM while looking for their first four game season sweep in recent memory. The contest will be broadcast on C-USA TV with FAU SID Jonathan Fraysure on the call.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

The Owls are wearing those BEAUTIFUL white throwback uniforms today as they look to complete the sweep of Marshall and open up conference play 4-0.

Back to the top

Javi Rivera pitches a clean 1-2-3 inning to get things started for the Owls, Wilfredo Alvarez will lead things off for the Owls in the bottom half of the inning.

Back to the top

Javi is looking VERY confident on the bump today! He's getting guys with his fastball and just upped his strikeout total to three as we speak.

Back to the top

Jared DeSantolo has been ON FIRE lately! Must be because he changed his walk-up song to "Still Into You" by Paramore.

Back to the top

The 'MVP', as proclaimed by the fans, started a rally in the fifth inning. Four runs on the board for the Owls in the bottom of the fifth.
Back to the top

Two runs from the sweep and SECOND mercy rule!
Back to the top

Nolan Schanuel leads the team in home runs (6) AND RBIs (33)…. AND HE'S A FRESHMAN!! Way to go, Nolan!

Back to the top

Freshman left-hander Jack Stroud takes the mound, looking to get the final three outs to finish off the sweep for the Owls.

Back to the top
Control functions: