Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hires Tennessee Assistant Jennifer Sullivan as Head Women's Basketball Coach

Add topic

"I love the 'winning in paradise' motto, I want a t-shirt soon." -Coach Sullivan, noted fan of FAU's location.

Back to the top

The team was excited to get to know Coach Sullivan, especially after playing a role in the search, and they're ready to get to work.

Back to the top

Welcome Coach Sullivan! Hope you find paradise to be a refreshing way of life!
Back to the top

Great to have you Coach Sully! Looking forward to you taking this program to new heights
Back to the top

They moved quickly enough on this so we’ll see what it means with girls going to the portal…losing Iggy Allen is a big blow…but I do like this hire by Brian. Very strong resume…the facilities are still a problem but let’s see what she can do. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I really think Brian white is doing a great job. Unfortunately  for us, he will probably get swept away by a better offer some day. But he earned it.
Back to the top

JakeElman said

…losing Iggy Allen is a big blow…
Posted On: Apr 15th 2021, 6:07 PM #401712

If you mean on paper, definitely agree…otherwise, respectfully disagree.

That said, we now we have a recruiter who has SEC experience…attracting the same type of player without (—————) will be much easier.

Go Owls  :cool:
Back to the top

Welcome and good luck to her. I know the Woman's program has dropped off quite a bit the past ew years.

WE DO gotta do something about facilities for both basketball and baseball if we ever have a shot at moving up and not being relegated to the lower (lowest) level of collegiate sports forever.

This will be the football stadiums 10th season and still no naming rights deal! And still NO concrete plans for upgrading ANY facility at FAU except for building 8 tennis courts. HOW IS THIS?????
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Welcome and good luck to her. I know the Woman's program has dropped off quite a bit the past ew years.

WE DO gotta do something about facilities for both basketball and baseball if we ever have a shot at moving up and not being relegated to the lower (lowest) level of collegiate sports forever.

This will be the football stadiums 10th season and still no naming rights deal! And still NO concrete plans for upgrading ANY facility at FAU except for building 8 tennis courts. HOW IS THIS?????
Posted On: Apr 16th 2021, 9:40 AM #401716
HOW IS THIS?????

Football is costing us an arm and a leg every year, we have gone all in on the program.

Between the stadium debt and lack of revenue coming in from ticket sales/TV contract our program runs big time in the red.

We need to get football to AT LEAST a break even point in order for us to invest in other programs/facilities heavily.  We are a long way from that.

Here's some perspective....

More than 90 percent of the ACC’s revenue was distributed to its schools. Shares averaged $29.5 million for the 14 full members.

I think FAU got $250k for being part of CUSA.  

That means Miami starts every year $28,000,000+ ahead of FAU on athletics funding.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Office Depot based in Boca would be a great fit if they would get on board.
I believe they sold their corporate jet and should be saving some money from that expense.
We need to get the community based companies wanting to be part of Florida Atlantic University.
Back to the top
Control functions: