Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just Crazy

Just read the tweets from this weekend's visitors. Brandon Schabert has some photos that have a warning that the photos may contain sensitive  material. I opened them only to see multiple people flashing the Owl sign.  Twitter wants to warn us that these people are white supremacists that are obviously flashing a secret sign.  OMG..this world is going crazy.
Back to the top

It is sad is is quite similar. BUT DONT CHANGE IT, not because of those racist a..holes!

IT IS OUR SIGN - GO OWLS!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Hope this does not become a Washington football club controversy.
It may be the only established tradition we have.
Looks almost the same as a three pointer in basketball!
Go OWLS.
👌👌👌👌👌
Back to the top

Well for context, it’s not Twitters algorithm catching the owl sign and thinking it’s white power. The user gets to decide how the images are displayed. He has set all of his images that way (or did not change the setting).
Back to the top

Thats  why I  named the post "Just crazy". I don't care who flagged it. The whole idea that we are talking about this is just crazy. I miss the good ole days.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Thats  why I  named the post "Just crazy". I don't care who flagged it. The whole idea that we are talking about this is just crazy. I miss the good ole days.  
Posted On: Jun 29th 2021, 3:29 PM #402512

I don’t think you’re following or I’m not being clear. Nobody flagged it. That’s the way his account is setup
Back to the top

I'm following. My point is, he should not need to set a setting on anything to post pictures that some folks may find offensive. Why. The problem is with the viewers.All Brandon did was post pictures that showed how proud he was . And somehow, setting or not, his pictures were labeled as a possible problem. Maybe sensitive viewers should have a setting to make sure their feelings aren't hurt.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm following. My point is, he should not need to set a setting on anything to post pictures that some folks may find offensive. Why. The problem is with the viewers.All Brandon did was post pictures that showed how proud he was . And somehow, setting or not, his pictures were labeled as a possible problem. Maybe sensitive viewers should have a setting to make sure their feelings aren't hurt.  
Posted On: Jun 29th 2021, 5:28 PM #402514

I guess I'm not following. He had his account set this way well PRIOR to this weekend, you can tell by his previous pictures. To me, it's a stretch to say he did this because one day he might flash an owl sign and doesn't want people to think he's a white supremacist, my guess is his reason is more innocent than that, but I can't speak for him.

Your original post said:

"I opened them only to see multiple people flashing the Owl sign.  Twitter wants to warn us that these people are white supremacists that are obviously flashing a secret sign."

I'm saying, Twitter did not say that. The picture before that is him lifting weights and has the same "warning" because that is how he chose to set his account.
Back to the top

It's an image censor filter that twitter has, nothing to do with the poster.

Same reason you can't sell anything with the Rebel Flag on either facebook or ebay. They censor it.

Back to the top

Rick said

It's an image censor filter that twitter has, nothing to do with the poster.

Same reason you can't sell anything with the Rebel Flag on either facebook or ebay. They censor it.

Posted On: Jun 29th 2021, 10:48 PM #402516

That’s two different things. All of his pics have the same warning

How to Turn Off "This Tweet might include sensitive content" on Twitter - Followchain

This explains why you would see that
Back to the top
Control functions: