Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Fall Camp

Jack D Whidden III said

FAU has a new numbering system that mimics that of the professional football or soccer world: best players get their pick of numbers.
Posted On: Aug 6th 2021, 12:58 PM #402719

This is a brilliant move by the HC. Going to win us a lot of games,,,, Not! And lets review; Willie Jr still wears #10. A Dude last year? I don't think so! Nepotism can be a problem in college football (or any level of sport) if not handled properly,, and guess what?
Back to the top

No guess, but what?
Back to the top

Did JFG change his name?
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Did JFG change his name?
Posted On: Aug 6th 2021, 8:51 PM #402725
I wouldn't think so. Bucs1 grammar is much better….
Back to the top

Couple interesting tidbits from FAU's press release on practice today:

* The kicking trio of Aaron Shahriari, Morgan Suarez and Logan Lupo were perfect during a field goal drill with the exception of one errant snap.
* Zaire Mitchell-Paden outjumped his defender for what would have been a long touchdown untouched, and the very next completion saw [wide receiver BJ] Alexander tightrope the sideline for another would-be score.

If Mitchell-Paden lives up to the hype at tight end, that offense has the potential to look so much better this fall. They need a vertical threat, big-body tight end. Mitchell is 6-5, 267 pounds. Harrison Bryant was a nightmare for defenders at 6-5, 240. I'd like to see them go with two-tight end sets and I have no idea who your second TE is (Rahmod Smith? Maybe?), but I want to keep hearing good things about Mitchell and see him emerge in the passing game.

I saw Suarez play in high school. He's got a boot. The odds of finishing with a winning record take a drastic hit if you have subpar kicking unless you have FAU's 2017 offense.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Thanks for posting this Jake, just a little axe to grind - which is obviously not aimed at you!

As an entity that has spent years and years supporting the program for free and can't attend, we don't go to visit their page to see what happened at a closed practice.

It's really ridiculous that they can be out there reporting, but no one else can.

See the Sunshine Law.

They also sent no release out.

That aside, what they don't understand is that they receive no reciprocal push by taking this stance.

You have people willing to spend their own dime to drum up interest and promote your product yet the strategy is to exclude them. For what gain?

NOTHING.

I don't even want to hear about COVID. Tell the reporters they have to check in with a staff member 20 feet from them and then point them to a pen 50 yards away at "their own risk" and that they have to type up their piece in their car.

Also, if it's a coaches decision (which it should not be) no one will care what you did on the first or second day of practice. If you can coach, you call the correct play when it matters most to use your personnel to defeat the opposition. Regardless, won't be something someone has seen in shirts and helmets and reported "intel" on that they will use against you when the time comes.

Rant over.
Back to the top

Rick said

Thanks for posting this Jake, just a little axe to grind - which is obviously not aimed at you!

As an entity that has spent years and years supporting the program for free and can't attend, we don't go to visit their page to see what happened at a closed practice.

It's really ridiculous that they can be out there reporting, but no one else can.

See the Sunshine Law.

That aside, what they don't understand is that they receive no reciprocal push by taking this stance.

You have people willing to spend their own dime to drum up interest and promote your product yet the strategy is to exclude them. For what gain?

NOTHING.

I don't even want to hear about COVID. Tell the reporters they have to check in with a staff member 20 feet from them and then point them to a pen 50 yards away at "their own risk" and that they have to type up their piece in their car.

Also, if it's a coaches decision (which it should not be) no one will care what you did on the first or second day of practice. If you can coach, you call the correct play when it matters most to use your personnel to defeat the opposition. Regardless, won't be something someone has seen in shirts and helmets and reported "intel" on that they will use against you when the time comes.

Rant over.
Posted On: Aug 7th 2021, 11:00 PM #402729

That's a big "if"
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Rick said

See the Sunshine Law.

NOTHING.

Rant over.

That's a big "if"
Posted On: Aug 8th 2021, 10:09 AM #402730

I’m with Rick on this one. I already shared what happened to me last year during fall camp. It appears “coach’s decisions” come at a cost of isolating those who support the program the most and generously spend their own money and time doing so. Just doesn’t make sense to me and it increasingly feels like Covid is an excuse more than a reason to keep engaging in this manner of business.
Back to the top

I am confused what are we complaining about now? We want the entire practice open? I just look at what all the schools are doing and it seems to be the same pretty much across the board. I have FAU and UM season tickets. My brother has UCF and I asked him about UCF’s format it seems to be the same.
Back to the top

No complaints here, just a stated fact:

Rick said

Back to the top
Control functions: