Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Lands Consulting Arrangement with Former B10 Commissioner

C-USA Lands Consulting Arrangement with Former B10 Commissioner

Back to the top

He's been involved with them for a month or two now. No offense but it didn't just happen and isnt a scoop .

Even cnsbbs boards have been talking about this for weeks on the cusa board

Judy is a worthless commish so let's hope a competent mind can help
Back to the top

Month or two? Can't find a source for that. This was posted on September 10th though (18 days ago).

But that wasn't the purpose of post or the the tweet.

The purpose of the post and tweet was to state that a formal relationship has been established, and to answer this question - that seems to be nowhere on the source you mentioned:

And to also state that it was happening this week - in the midst of now what could be a trial by fire.
Back to the top

I said no offense but clearly you are offended and that's fine. It's nothing new though and hardly a scoop

Matt Brown isn't as plugged in a some people involved in the actual schools.

The air force and Colorado state moves were talked about long before today. I parrotted those on here. That's why I was less optimistic about the AAC but hope I'm wrong.  

Hope Delaney helps the conference but employing Judy who is worthless as commish just to be woke has cost cusa a lot
Back to the top

Not offended, just replying to your post.

Have a great night!

Back to the top

Keep up the good work
Back to the top

Source within the inner dwellings of the AAC has confirmed that AFA and CSU are "tier one" choices with UAB. FAU and UTSA most likely back up plans.

That was brought to my attention when Boise and San Diego were still on the table. They currently are NOT interested in the AAC, nor are they likely to be. Both are hoping for a Big XII invite next year.

I think Boise will get the invite, but with Memphis, not San Diego.

This leaves AFA and CSU, with a built in travel partnership, both hoping not to be left behind by the changing landscape of college athletics. Knowing that Boise is most likely gone in a few years, neither athletic departments are keen to be playing New Mexico State or Montana or whoever the MWC picks up.

Now regarding Jim Delany, he is meeting with C-USA this week to consult on realignment. EVERYTHING. IS. ON. THE. TABLE.

I don't think C-USA will pay Delany just to have him say "bow down to the Sun Belt and beg for a merger." Although I do think a merger, and then an East-West split is possible, I don't think it will happen any time soon nor do I think the Sun Belt has the stomach for it at this time.

Delany is being paid to help strengthen C-USA, by any means possible. While a merger may strengthen C-USA's member institutions, it does not strengthen C-USA as an entity.

AAC is looking to move quickly. For once… don't expect C-USA to just sit back.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

And I am going to speculate for a little here…

After talking to industry leaders for over a month, I believe a merger between C-USA and the Sun Belt is closer than it ever has been. I still don't think it will open overnight, or even soon at all, but I believe that for the first time there is traction in the idea at the highest levels.

I also think if this is done right, it would be better for FAU over joining the AAC - Memphis + CSU and AFA.

Whether it's AAC + UAB, UTSA, and FAU or CUSA + SBC - UAB, I think we have positioned ourselves well to come our as winners.

Back to the top

Colorado papers are not big on moving to AAC, working against the move for all the obvious reasons, especially concerning Col. St.
Back to the top

Report from CBS' Dennis Dodd confirms my speculation that a potential merger is closer than it ever has been. This does not mean that it is likely, but at the very least it is being discussed.

Jim Delaney will make a proposal to C-USA's university leaders that an AAC, CUSA, SBC realignment based upon geography is the best way to move forward.

Dodd reports that people within the AAC and SBC decision making are very much opposed to Delaney's proposal.

Back to the top
Control functions: