Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2021: FAU @ WKU

Well the last time I did an extremely negative post FAU pulled out the road game in Charlotte and played their best game of the year. So maybe the reverse jinx can happen. But unfortunately I don’t see it.

Both programs have been Trending in completely difference directions. If FAU can limit the wasted possessions and win of time of possession maybe give themselves a shot in the 4th quarter. In saying that I don’t see that happening.

FAU’s offense gives me zero confidence with their offensive production the past few weeks. I think FAU loses big.

45-17 WKU 
Back to the top

Just to add to this:

Updated FAU Football Win Probabilities

That said, Kirk, you (partly) read my mind.

Love me some Owls, and have gone a little to heavy on hopeful numbers in my last two predictions, picking them when the latter didn't quite pan out in the end.

So…

Going to go WITH the numbers this week and I hope to be completely wrong with a reversal of predicted fortune!

FAU 23  WKU 40

Go Owls  :cool:

Back to the top

Given that these are FEARLESS predictions, I’m going to go against the grain. My brain is telling me no but my heart is telling me yes! 

WKU has a bad Defense. We can use this game to get the O back on track. Additionally, I’ll say that the secondary is probably our most talented and experienced unit on Defense. We have a chance to at least slow Zappe and his one dimensional O down. And Historically, we’ve played very well in Bowling Green even in down years (2012 Pelini signature win to close out 3-9 anyone??). This is a homecoming for Willie I want to believe he’ll bring his A game. All of these factors combined, I’m going to say 28-24 Owls with the upset. 

If I were a betting man I would prob take WKU to get the W but hey, fearless predictions, why not us?
Back to the top

I don't see things changing this week. WKU has won 5 straight and scored 40 or more in 4 of the 5. The only game in which they scored fewer than 40 was surprisingly against FIU. The Hilltoppers also nearly knocked off undefeated UTSA and BigTen opponent Indiana. This one looks like it could get ugly for the Owls.

Fearless Prediction:

WKU 41
FAU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Unfortunately no reason for optimism this weekend.
We have to realize that we do not have the talent that many of the C-USA teams have.
QB, RB, WR and TE, none in the the top 5 of any category in C-USA except Johnny Ford #5 at RB.
It is going to be a long day in Bowling Green.
WK 38 FAU 21
Back to the top

Not feeling good at all. Haven't felt good since the 2nd quarter of last weeks game. 38-13 WKU…
Back to the top

I’ll just say this.  I am stunned the spread is only -10.5 for WKU.

At home with NFL talent level QB?  Our secondary is small and has not played well most of the year.  I expect WKU to rush for 175+ today.

My gut says this wont be pretty, we have regressed to 2018 FAU.  

WKU 45
FAU 10

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAU 38 WKU 31....FAU an upset in a shootout

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver Bullet said

FAU 38 WKU 31….FAU an upset in a shootout
Posted On: Nov 20th 2021, 10:03 AM #405200

From your lips to God's ears!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

walty12 said

I’ll just say this.  I am stunned the spread is only -10.5 for WKU.

At home with NFL talent level QB?  Our secondary is small and has not played well most of the year.  I expect WKU to rush for 175+ today.

My gut says this wont be pretty, we have regressed to 2018 FAU.  

WKU 45
FAU 10

Posted On: Nov 20th 2021, 9:16 AM #405199

Saw something last night about 14.5…then realized it was for the basketball game.

Lol
Back to the top
Control functions: