Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Donte Pimpleton new RB Coach?

Bruce Feldman is saying taggart is bringing in donte pimpleton as RB coach.   One of his boys from fsu, USF, wku , Oregon ….fantastic lol

Back to the top

That's great. only one of the worse teams in CFB. Good hire if true.....
Back to the top

Next year is going to be a tough one I feel zero excitement. We only brought in one O-Lineman and that was the biggest issue with our team. WT refusing to address weaknesses is nothing new I suppose.
Back to the top

So let me get this straight…He started off basically with 4 jobs and 3 promotions (WKU - USF - Oregon - FSU). Great start to a career. One would think after your last 3 jobs were at power 5 programs maybe the next stop is a OC or HC job. But no, you go to arguably the worst team in CFB as the RB coach…..Maybe it's just me but WTH?

Go Owls!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Next year is going to be a tough one I feel zero excitement. We only brought in one O-Lineman and that was the biggest issue with our team. WT refusing to address weaknesses is nothing new I suppose.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 5:57 AM #405985

Look on the bright side - we have like 27 linebackers, so we don't need an O-line or receivers, obviously.
Back to the top

Few things here:

Not every move has to be met with negativity. Go look who Pimpleton has coached and recruited. The only question is, why did we not bring him in earlier?

I get the frustration but at least be fair. Let's look at FSU currently, where the head coach has a worse record than Taggart, and he got to skip out on Clemson and UF in year one. The issues there run deeeeeppp.

I challenge people to go look at USF's 2014 recruiting leading into a year they went 4-8 in year two under Taggart.

They are trying their hardest to bring in OL.

The position is a hot commodity, three guys from FIU all landed at FBS (two at P5) schools, and they allowed the second-most sacks in C-USA.

You can take transfers up until camp, so they just gotta be patient. Another wave will hit after bowls and another after spring.

The ''taking 27 linebackers'' is a bit misleading. Big difference in what Joseph and Peters do vs. McRae and Pettway do.

Peters and Joseph are closer (especially Peters) are closer to Dline. We had 16 sacks last season that had to be fixed.

FAU fans can spend the next few months just being negative just for the sake of being negative or see they are making changes and understand they have to get it done, or some fans will get their wish anyway.

I like the offseason moves, and I like a lot of the young players from the 2020 and 2021 classes. Some will become stars in the next couple of seasons.

As of now, FAU will have same d-coordinator for the first time in 7 seasons. Ed Warinner is still a great online coach. Hopefully, an entire offseason with guys like Bell, Neal, and Atcavage pays off.
Back to the top

Agreed. I'd be more concerned if changes were not made, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Our biggest issue on defense last year was pass rush, so we addressed that through the portal, as we lost the little talent we had there and the backups weren't great and did not show flashes. On offense, we needed a TE in the worst way, got one. WR is another issue, but I feel like we were more so young at the position than void of talent. We are bringing back a good bit of the oline, which is really all we can hope for. As dismal as November was, I think December all in all as been good. The most talented team in FAU history went 5-7, and won 11 games a season later. As disappointed as I am with how the season ended, I'm rooting for WT to succeed and will trust that he's putting the team in a position to have a turnaround.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Few things here…
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 1:37 PM #405998

I agree with Shane. (Don’t look so shocked.) At least, I think I do.

I view everything as look, this is the reality of where we are. We’re a few days away from two years since the 2019 Boca Bowl. We’re entering the third year of this regime. Gotta just move forward and rally around the players. Lane, Wilson Love, and Kevin Smith (the good Kevin Smith, not the film hack) aren’t coming back. 

I don’t know how well any of these players are going to pan out. But I root for the laundry. I hope Ford and Mobley are an electric 1-2 punch and Jaylen Joyner and Courtney McBride tear through offenses next year. 

So let’s be optimistic where we can. I fully understand the pessimism. But I’m trying to keep the faith where I am. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Few things here…

The issues run deep at FSU because Willie came in and burnt the program to the ground and peed on the ashes.  Look at where his recruits there are now.  Be fair.  

It's the difference between being a homer and recognizing that Willie and his pals suck

Willie took over a conference USA champion.   Norvell took over a down fsu team because of Jimbo quitting first then Willie making it worse while being inept.  So yes Willie won 2 more games with a way easier schedule and way better situation

It's realism.   Willie has been a horrible coach his whole career.  His teams aren't prepared, are undisciplined and lose to inferior teams talent wise.  He's lucky he had flowers to bail him out or he'd look even worse
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…
The issues run deep at FSU because Willie came in and burnt the program to the ground and peed on the ashes. �Look at where his recruits there are now. �Be fair.

It's the difference between being a homer and recognizing that Willie and his pals suck

Willie took over a conference USA champion. ��Norvell took over a down fsu team because of Jimbo quitting first then Willie making it worse while being inept. �So yes Willie won 2 more games with a way easier schedule and way better situation

It's realism. ��Willie has been a horrible coach his whole career. �His teams aren't prepared, are undisciplined and lose to inferior teams talent wise. �He's lucky he had flowers to bail him out or he'd look even worse

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 3:05 PM #406001
​You can not like him, but in no way, shape, or form he took over a C-USA title team.
Back to the top