Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Donte Pimpleton new RB Coach?

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 1:37 PM #405998
The issues run deep at FSU because Willie came in and burnt the program to the ground and peed on the ashes.  Look at where his recruits there are now.  Be fair.

It's the difference between being a homer and recognizing that Willie and his pals suck

Willie took over a conference USA champion.   Norvell took over a down fsu team because of Jimbo quitting first then Willie making it worse while being inept.  So yes Willie won 2 more games with a way easier schedule and way better situation

It's realism.   Willie has been a horrible coach his whole career.  His teams aren't prepared, are undisciplined and lose to inferior teams talent wise.  He's lucky he had flowers to bail him out or he'd look even worse

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 3:05 PM #406001
You can not like him, but he in way shape or form take over a C-USA title team. That is one of those false narratives.

There was no Chris Robinson, Harrison Bryant, Rashad Smith, James Pierre and so on.

He was left with recruits from lane who has mostly not panned out.

As time goes by in college you time gives you a clearer vision.

Right now Ole Miss has the second to last class in the SEC despite coming off a 10 wins and entering the Sugar bowl. Lane is getting beat by Missouri, Arkansas, and South Carolina on the road.

As I have pointed out we had to pay the piper the last two seasons for the mistakes made on the trail between 2017-2019.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 3:44 PM #406002

I'm aware of your homer viewpoint and excuses. I just don't buy them.

Been watching college football long before you junior.   Don't need you trying to educate me.  I don't agree with you at all.  You don't know more than others on here just because we don't agree.

I remember you trolling on the csnbbs boards and getting your butt handed to you plenty
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 3:54 PM #406003

"Do not try and educate me.'' Translation: ''I do not want to bother to read, have nuanced conversations, or learn something new from people who cover the sport. I have my mind close off.''

Also, I have not once said I know or have some confidence going into next season. I just simply understand the roster had some serious holes and this regime deserves three years to try and fix them.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:06 PM #406005

No Shane.   Again you write for a site that probably has 50 subscribers akin to a local newspaper in an extremely small town. Not many reading FAU on 24-7 unfortunately   It doesn't mean others don't follow the team and know what is going on

I read your spin and homer view.  I just don't agree with it.  You are spinning after lamenting losses as completely embarrassing and the worst is 5 years plus on Twitter.   

You can't teach me anything new. Except the players favorite ice cream or worthless crap that isn't football related.   We can watch the games the same as you
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:08 PM #406007

Thanks for reading! The recruiting coverage has been fun!

Hey can you fins my spin exactly? Please finD exact writings. You can send via DM.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:13 PM #406008

Does Florida Atlantic have more talent than middle Tennessee and old Dominion this year ?

If they don't, then why were you saying the old Dominion loss was the worst since 2016 and completely embarrassing?

2 simple questions

I only read your posts on here when I came across them.  I'm not one of the 50 or less subscribers to owls 24 7
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:17 PM #406009

So you admit not not reading or listing to anything then came to the conclusion I spin everything? So you admit to making conclusions with very little information?

P.S. Site is doing well though gotta start somewhere, real big you to take shots though.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:26 PM #406010

I read your posts on here…

You didn't answer my two questions.  Why not ?   Because you can't. Either those teams have less talent proving your stupid rationale wrong on the roster…or the odu loss shoudlnt be embarrassing

I'm just speaking the truth. I doubt many subscribe to a pay service for FAU. We don't have many dedicated enough to do so with a young program.

I like some local paper writers.  Some are good.  Don't think you are
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:29 PM #406011

They are answered.

My stupid rationale on the roster? How am I wrong? Please provide counter data and facts, recruiting class history, snap counts, etc.

I am always interested in seeing it. You should dig into the last three years of MTSU's and ODU's recruiting.

It would be interesting. Or is that not how you want to debate football? Just go with the "I have been watching for very long time so I know everything?''

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:36 PM #406012

You didn't answer them.  You talked about just skill players and not the team.  And you avoided the 2nd part

If odu has more talent than us, then why did you say that was the worst loss since 2016 and completely embarrassing?   

I'll answer it. You were saying what you think on Twitter without the spin.   You saw a much less talented odu team beat us by multiple scores and it was embarrassing

Then mt came into our house with a less talented roster and took a bowl bid from us by killing us down the stretch.

That's on the coaches.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…
The issues run deep at FSU because Willie came in and burnt the program to the ground and peed on the ashes.  Look at where his recruits there are now.  Be fair.

It's the difference between being a homer and recognizing that Willie and his pals suck

Willie took over a conference USA champion.   Norvell took over a down fsu team because of Jimbo quitting first then Willie making it worse while being inept.  So yes Willie won 2 more games with a way easier schedule and way better situation

It's realism.   Willie has been a horrible coach his whole career.  His teams aren't prepared, are undisciplined and lose to inferior teams talent wise.  He's lucky he had flowers to bail him out or he'd look even worse

You can not like him, but he in way shape or form take over a C-USA title team. That is one of those false narratives.

There was no Chris Robinson, Harrison Bryant, Rashad Smith, James Pierre and so on.

Right now Ole Miss has the second to last class in the SEC despite coming off a 10 wins and entering the Sugar bowl. Lane is getting beat by Missouri, Arkansas, and South Carolina on the road.

As I have pointed out we had to pay the piper the last two seasons for the mistakes made on the trail between 2017-2019.

Been watching college football long before you junior.   Don't need you trying to educate me.  I don't agree with you at all.  You don't know more than others on here just because we don't agree.

I remember you trolling on the csnbbs boards and getting your butt handed to you plenty

"Do not try and educate me.'' Translation: ''I do not want to bother to read, have nuanced conversations, or learn something new from people who cover the sport. I have my mind close off.''

Also, I have not once said I know or have some confidence going into next season. I just simply understand the roster had some serious holes and this regime deserves three years to try and fix them.

No Shane.   Again you write for a site that probably has 50 subscribers akin to a local newspaper in an extremely small town. Not many reading FAU on 24-7 unfortunately   It doesn't mean others don't follow the team and know what is going on

I read your spin and homer view.  I just don't agree with it.  You are spinning after lamenting losses as completely embarrassing and the worst is 5 years plus on Twitter.   

You can't teach me anything new. Except the players favorite ice cream or worthless crap that isn't football related.   We can watch the games the same as you

Hey can you fins my spin exactly? Please finD exact writings. You can send via DM.

Does Florida Atlantic have more talent than middle Tennessee and old Dominion this year ?

If they don't, then why were you saying the old Dominion loss was the worst since 2016 and completely embarrassing?

2 simple questions

I only read your posts on here when I came across them.  I'm not one of the 50 or less subscribers to owls 24 7

So you admit not not reading or listing to anything then came to the conclusion I spin everything? So you admit to making conclusions with very little information?

P.S. Site is doing well though gotta start somewhere, real big you to take shots though.

You didn't answer my two questions.  Why not ?   Because you can't. Either those teams have less talent proving your stupid rationale wrong on the roster…or the odu loss shoudlnt be embarrassing

I'm just speaking the truth. I doubt many subscribe to a pay service for FAU. We don't have many dedicated enough to do so with a young program.

Edit:. Ok now you answered one.  Dodged mostly but were brief

If they have more talent than FAU, then why was odu the most embarrassing loss since 2016?

It was the most embarrassing since 2016 because FAU has not had a lot of bad losses since that time. I could argue UCF blow out at home as well.

Two things can be true. First, the loss could be bad, and a fundamental understanding this team doesn't have the guys we thought.

After that loss and MTSU, I started doing tons of research into the roster, trying to figure out why FAU is where it is.

Which led me to seeing how little the classes 2017-2019 panned out.

Remember these things are nuanced and complex, but you do not want to talk about that.

Again, I would love some counter data. We can go over it over a beer sometime. I am always about learning more.
Back to the top

I agree that the level of talent on the roster is sub par but come on a half way decent coach would have found a way to get us to 6 wins. Willie choked for a second year in a row
because he sucks
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

If they have more talent than FAU, then why was odu the most embarrassing loss since 2016?

It was the most embarrassing since 2016 because FAU has not had a lot of bad losses since that time. I could argue UCF blow out at home as well.

Two things can be true. First, the loss could be bad, and a fundamental understanding this team doesn't have the guys we thought.

After that loss and MTSU, I started doing tons of research into the roster, trying to figure out why FAU is where it is.

Again, I would love some counter data.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:41 PM #406014

Neither of those teams have as much talent as Florida Atlantic.  They have WAY better coaching and that won those games.   FAU has a vanilla offense with 5-6 plays as if a first grader is gameplannning.  Those coaches figured that out and made us look inept down the stretch in both games.

The defense was on the field all game and wore down.  

That's what happened with no spin
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

Neither of those teams have as much talent as Florida Atlantic.  They have WAY better coaching and that won those games.   FAU has a vanilla offense with 5-6 plays as if a first grader is gameplannning.  Those coaches figured that out and made us look inept down the stretch in both games.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:44 PM #406016
Ok that is big claim.
Can you provide really data and stats backing that up?
I am going to see a movie so you have some time to do some research.

I will give you a head start.

Go position by position and tell me where FAU is better.

Use PFF data, past recruiting rankings, and compare that vs the production in the team.

Or you just going to make that claim with zero real information? 
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

Ok that is big claim.

Use PFF data, past recruiting rankings, and compare that vs the production in the team.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 4:55 PM #406017

I'm going out for the night in a few minutes too.   

You didnt give any data to prove odu or Mt have more talent.   You just took kiffins recruiting classes and gave a where are they now listing….

Even here you just gave an elementary well they have better skill players take when that isn't what makes most of a team. And I think that's false anyways too.  Except maybe at QB
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

Ok that is big claim.

You didnt give any data to prove odu or Mt have more talent.   You just took kiffins recruiting classes and gave a where are they now listing….

Even here you just gave an elementary well they have better skill players take when that isn't what makes most of a team. And I think that's false anyways too.  Except maybe at QB
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 5:02 PM #406018
Figured, you are “I just know guy.”  Please explain how there how our WR’s are better. You just watch MTSU in the bowl?

I seems like you don’t want to do anything that might challenge your opinion. 
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

Ok that is big claim.

Figured, you are “I just know guy.”  Please explain how there how our WR’s are better. You just watch MTSU in the bowl?

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 5:10 PM #406019

You are asking me to provide analytics saying we have more talent than mt or ODU to counterpoint you.  You never made that data argument with them to make a point that needs to be counterpointed.  No data provided.  

You just said they have better skill players.  No data. Just dumb opinion

Toledo isn't a great team.    And for the record Mt was much healthier today than vs FAU.  They had their 4th QB in vs us

You are the rookie hack who thinks you know more because a podunk site hired you.   Please man.   Anyone here can watch just like you

I'm at my holiday event.  Enjoy your movie which is probably spiderman alone
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

Ok that is big claim.

You are asking me to provide analytics saying we have more talent than mt or ODU to counterpoint you.  You never made that data argument with them to make a point that needs to be counterpointed.  No data provided.  

Toledo isn't a great team.    And for the record Mt was much healthier today than vs FAU.  They had their 4th QB in vs us

You are the rookie hack who thinks you know more because a podunk site hired you.   Please man.   Anyone here can watch just like you

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 5:59 PM #406022

Both QB's who played vs. us played today.  

I do not know more because of my job. I know more because I bother to read a look stuff up.

This is you in a nut shell you call me a hack yet out here dropping For. The. Record. When what you're saying isn't not even true.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

SeminOwl28 said

Few things here…

2 simple questions

Ok that is big claim.

Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 5:59 PM #406022

Both QB's who played vs. us played today.  

I do not know more because of my job. I know more because I bother to read a look stuff up.

This is you in a nut shell you call me a hack yet out here dropping For. The. Record. When what you're saying isn't not even true.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2021, 8:10 PM #406023

You don't even know the difference between data and analytics vs doing a where are they now post on recruiting classes.   That makes you a hack.  

Middle Tennessee fans have said they have a much healthier roster playing toledo.  And Toledo is an average football team. I live in Ohio. See them far more than you.  Solid small program but not great this year.

A lot of friends went there which just made it worse when FAU choked.  I knew we could beat Toledo even with our moron head coach

Back to the top