Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Getting Turf Upgrade

Add topic

FAU Stadium Getting Turf Upgrade

Improvement factors include but are not limited to: Lower maintenance costs, recovery time between events and weather occurrences, and ability to host other types of events.
Back to the top

I've seen a lot of negative turf tweets since the news broke. Is modern turf that likely to cause injury? I've only ever been a distance runner, so my change of direction has always been gradual, which is probably an overstatement still (but certainly never on turf).

I'm a fan of the upside. But that I don't know the downside, I have to assume there are some..?

Is there any information about where else or what else will be in the upgrades?
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

I've seen a lot of negative turf tweets since the news broke. Is modern turf that likely to cause injury? I've only ever been a distance runner, so my change of direction has always been gradual, which is probably an overstatement still (but certainly never on turf).

I'm a fan of the upside. But that I don't know the downside, I have to assume there are some..?

Is there any information about where else or what else will be in the upgrades?

Posted On: Apr 6th 2022, 10:25 PM #407244

Should make our team speed advantage even better at home games, and the heat will be even worse on visitors as well.
Back to the top

are our practice fields turf? If not THOSE will need changed too!!!
Back to the top

people running at the mouth dont buy tickets
or even come to games
just s-u
Back to the top

Really wish they would allocate that money for baseball facilities.  I'd be willing to bet if they actually asked the players they would prefer keeping natural grass.  That playing surface is going to be miserable during early season day games.  Get ready for double the amount of stoppages for cramps and knee injuries.  But I'm sure we will be saving or making more $ in some way or another with this decision.  🤔
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Really wish they would allocate that money for baseball facilities.  I'd be willing to bet if they actually asked the players they would prefer keeping natural grass.  That playing surface is going to be miserable during early season day games.  Get ready for double the amount of stoppages for cramps and knee injuries.  But I'm sure we will be saving or making more $ in some way or another with this decision.  🤔
no one comes to baseball games
players dont pay for facilities
Back to the top

glass house gang said

no one comes to baseball games
players dont pay for facilities

Posted On: Apr 7th 2022, 10:18 AM #407249

Lol.  Yes we all know who pays for facilities. Personally been doing so for pretty much 2 decades.  If going with artificial turf is because of financial reasons and is necessary then fine, it is what it is.

I'm completely open to and interested to hearing why your opinion of this decision is such a no brainer.  It almost feels like you have a vested interest in this, are you a turf contractor? Lol.

Oh and by the way just a lil tidbit, there are people in this world that possibly have a different interest than yourself and do actually go to baseball games.  And possibly with improved facilities more people would attend what is the most successful fau athletic program.  
Back to the top

Roscoe!

Where ya' been man!

Toting the baseball forum all alone…

Hope all is well  :cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

Roscoe!

Where ya' been man!

Toting the baseball forum all alone…

Hope all is well  :cool:
Posted On: Apr 7th 2022, 10:56 PM #407252

Hey Rick how you doing.  

Oh I've been lurking this season.  This seasons struggles with getting 3rd outs has me going with my better judgment and just biting my tongue.  Lol.  
Back to the top
Control functions: