Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Getting Turf Upgrade

Add topic

:Winking:

All good…Say what you want, no harm in that!

We've certainly had out "moments" to be forgotten.

:Not-Talking:
Back to the top

Maybe this helps with our speed advantage? Idk, I’m probably making that up
Back to the top

I prefer natural. However, the state of the art artificial has its advantages. Initial cost is a concern, but the cost of maintenance (watering, cutting, seeding, patching, painting, etc.) of natural exceeds the cost of artificial within 4-6 years. Life of artificial is greater than this, so it makes sense. My high school went to artificial a few years ago. The decision was based on the cost of upkeep for natural. Artificial is not what is was where injuries were once a major concern. It is now pretty much on par with natural. A poor natural surface can also lead to injuries. Again, I am not a fan of artificial, but it makes financial sense. Maintenance of natural is an art. As more fields move to artificial, the art will be lost.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU Stadium Getting Turf Upgrade

Improvement factors include but are not limited to: Lower maintenance costs, recovery time between events and weather occurrences, and ability to host other types of events.
Posted On: Apr 6th 2022, 5:30 PM #407241
Rick, I am hearing that this may not happen this summer after all.
What have you heard?

Back to the top

Been meaning to shoot an update out for a while now but was waiting until things settled one way or the other.

That is correct, the Owls will be on natural surface for the 2022 season.

I can also say this, folks concerned about injuries and "legacy" stats thereabout, can stand down.

This project is chartered to be state of the art, and will offer numbers indicative of basically equal figures should it play out as currently planned.
Back to the top

Rick said

Been meaning to shoot an update out for a while now but was waiting until things settled one way or the other.

I can also say this, folks concerned about injuries and "legacy" stats thereabout, can stand down.

This project is chartered to be state of the art, and will offer numbers indicative of basically equal figures should it play out as currently planned.

Posted On: Jun 10th 2022, 6:39 PM #407496

I would assume NFL stadiums have “state of the art” turt. Tons of injuries in the Meadowlands…..

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Rick said

Posted On: Jun 10th 2022, 6:39 PM #407496
I would assume NFL stadiums have “state of the art” turt. Tons of injuries in the Meadowlands…..
Posted On: Jun 11th 2022, 11:13 AM #407498
Also FedExField has caused a ton of injuries. Just look at this map. There is no doubt that FedExField is the worst stadium in the NFL.
Injuries at FedExField
Back to the top

OFF THE TABLE - GRASS REMAINS!

Back to the top

Thank goodness! 
Back to the top

Could be a home field advantage?
May be a road game disadvantage for us if played on turf, which many are. 🤷‍♂️
Definitely cooler on the body than turf!
Back to the top
Control functions: