Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Purdue (Anyone Planning on Attending?)

illinoisowl said

smittysahoot said

I will be at Purdue hosting the pre-game gathering. It will not be on-site  – the cost is too pricey to be on-site inclusive of tent rental (or purchase), catering, drinks, and parking spot. I will host something at a restaurant off-site, and it will end about 90 minutes before kickoff. Did you receive the FAU Alumni email? If you didn't, we don't have your updated email address and zip code (we sent a zip code based email last week or the week before)
Posted On: Aug 25th 2022, 8:14 AM #407764
I plan on being there. I got the email. Last time I had a chance to do this at an away game was Michigan State. There was a tent at that game.
I'm really hoping you can have something for next year at Illinois.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2022, 2:34 PM #407769

Depending on date and my own calendar, I can plan to be there! I have to wait until the spring to see what the fall and spring school year brings for me. If I can't be there, maybe we can talk in the spring about you hosting?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I just bought my ticket for the Purdue game from the FAU ticket office.
Does anyone know if the University is recommending any particular hotel in Lafayette? I'd like to stay where other FAU alumni and staff are going to be.
Its still a bit early. If anyone finds out, please post it on here.

Update:
I just looked at Purdue's schedule. Our game is their homecoming. There are hardly any hotel rooms available in Lafayette for that weekend as of this post. If you are going, you had better start looking for a place to stay soon.
Posted On: Aug 26th 2022, 5:06 PM #407783

Fireman Jim and I booked seperately, but great minds think alike… we are both at Doubletree By Hilton Lafayette East on Progress Drive.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

illinoisowl said

smittysahoot said

I will be at Purdue hosting the pre-game gathering. It will not be on-site  – the cost is too pricey to be on-site inclusive of tent rental (or purchase), catering, drinks, and parking spot. I will host something at a restaurant off-site, and it will end about 90 minutes before kickoff. Did you receive the FAU Alumni email? If you didn't, we don't have your updated email address and zip code (we sent a zip code based email last week or the week before)
Posted On: Aug 25th 2022, 7:14 AM #407764
I plan on being there. I got the email. Last time I had a chance to do this at an away game was Michigan State. There was a tent at that game.
I'm really hoping you can have something for next year at Illinois.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2022, 1:34 PM #407769

Depending on date and my own calendar, I can plan to be there! I have to wait until the spring to see what the fall and spring school year brings for me. If I can't be there, maybe we can talk in the spring about you hosting?
Posted On: Aug 31st 2022, 9:17 PM #407871

Ok, we can talk about it when the time comes. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Alumni pregame event for Purdue game information and RSVP posted on FAU Alumni webpage. https://faualumni.org/event/fau-at-purdue/ 

Back to the top

I know I started this thread with hopes of attending. Not looking like it will happen. Wishing you guys a great time. Should be perfect fall weather and an awsome BIG10 experience.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: