Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: FAU vs Charlotte - August 27, 2022

Add topic

BOOK IT! OWLS WIN in an absolute BEAT DOWN! 1-0 Baby! Time to get ready for OHIO. FAU Go Owls! 🦉🔴⚪️🔵
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Kicking, punting, not so bad, huh? I'll wait for Rick to post the numbers but, Special Teams, not so bad, huh?
Posted On: Aug 27th 2022, 10:23 PM #407826

Team Box Score
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Jake was pushing Mobley, right? Well, he got it. Now Dean.
Posted On: Aug 27th 2022, 9:57 PM #407824

Pushed Mobley last summer and loved him and Edrine coming out of HS. Loved seeing Mobley get a good amount of carries tonight even if yardage wasn’t there. Thought offensive play calling was aggressive in terms of rotating and seeing who can do what. MUCH improved over last year in that department. 

A win next week would be massive. Get to 2-0 ahead of an FCS game. Just hope FAU shows out on the road. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Offense looks way better under Dearmon. Finally looks like Taggart made a good hire at OC.

Seems like they cleared the OC hurdle under Taggart. Let’s see if they can go on the road and win a game against a MAC team. Cause that has been the other thing that really has held this team back the last 2 years. Road games have been dreadful under Taggart. 
Back to the top

Great great showing.

Students absolutely showed out. May have been a top 3 showing from the students ever.

Beat Charlotte in all 3 phases of the game.

No weather delays!!!!

Announced crowd of 20k and it pretty much actually looked like that. No issues with people getting in or lines at concessions. Job well done by the Owls all around!! Proud to be an Owl!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Great all around effort. Defense looked great though knocking out their starter in the first half didn't hurt.

Our speed on Offense put a hurting on CLT. Still concerned about QB depth.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Great game. Run defense looked stellar. 
CLT had a problem with dropped passes that could have made things different if caught. 
Just my opinion but I just don’t see Taggart Jr as a future starting QB. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Im not sure if we can really evaluate taggart Jr in those last few minutes of the game. We had backups in there and mostly just burning the clock running plays
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Offense looks way better under Dearmon. Finally looks like Taggart made a good hire at OC.

Seems like they cleared the OC hurdle under Taggart. Let’s see if they can go on the road and win a game against a MAC team. Cause that has been the other thing that really has held this team back the last 2 years. Road games have been dreadful under Taggart. 
Posted On: Aug 28th 2022, 7:37 AM #407835

Great first game but not sure how good Charlotte will be.

I'm going to the game at Ohio U next weekend so we will probably lose. They always lose when I watch them play unfortunately
Back to the top

The team played great. Great playcalling by the coaches. I'm assuming next week is Ohio's first game so that should play to our advantage
Back to the top
Control functions:

Related content