Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations - Ohio

First off I must say I was surprised at the comeback as I saw we were 17 down with no offense output, I turned off the game.  That being said Perry was very accurate and was moving the ball at will, at times it seemed to be too easy. One thing about Perry and Robison is they are tall but very slow for their size, if only they had Deandre Johnson’s speed.  The hit Perry took got him a little off, but the reffing in this game was reminiscent of UF years ago.  Our defense was being held I counted like 5 additional holds, that weren’t never called giving the Ohio qb time to throw.  

The Ohio Qb was soo bad at first and now he’s throwing dimes also,  yes if he has all the time in the world due to holds.  Now the good,  we are averaging 40.5 points a game and next week should add to that. Perry had 6 touchdowns with no picks and tied and Fau record for Td passes in a game. The play calling is better and it shows. We should be able to put up points against everyone we face.  

Now the bad, our defense is very porous,  that sorry Ohio qb ran the same play 20 times. Reminds me of the Kentucky game years ago where Woodson torched us. I think if we can play offensively good we can win 8 games but I think we will win 6 or 5 games. I am chalking up the UCF games and Purdue game as losses. We are not ready for primetime, we are not UTSA.  We are lucky to go to the American, Kiffin is the reason why we are.

That being said I think we should have gone for a young upcoming coach. We are soo bad on the road.  This was the first game where we were on the road losing and almost had a comeback win.  
I wish we still had Leavitt,  we would be ranked right now.  I think reality is this we get to 6-6 get a bowl game, lose and Taggart keeps his job and we go to the American and just get beaten down for a few seasons. Tbh this years schedule is not that bad, if we had Kiffin I could smell an undefeated season.  Where do we go from here? What is the last thing to get Taggart fired or do you think he’s the best option?
Back to the top

faufan300 said

First off I must say I was surprised at the comeback as I saw we were 17 down with no offense output, I turned off the game.  That being said Perry was very accurate and was moving the ball at will, at times it seemed to be too easy. One thing about Perry and Robison is they are tall but very slow for their size, if only they had Deandre Johnson’s speed.  The hit Perry took got him a little off, but the reffing in this game was reminiscent of UF years ago.  Our defense was being held I counted like 5 additional holds, that weren’t never called giving the Ohio qb time to throw.  

The Ohio Qb was soo bad at first and now he’s throwing dimes also,  yes if he has all the time in the world due to holds.  Now the good,  we are averaging 40.5 points a game and next week should add to that. Perry had 6 touchdowns with no picks and tied and Fau record for Td passes in a game. The play calling is better and it shows. We should be able to put up points against everyone we face.  

Now the bad, our defense is very porous,  that sorry Ohio qb ran the same play 20 times. Reminds me of the Kentucky game years ago where Woodson torched us. I think if we can play offensively good we can win 8 games but I think we will win 6 or 5 games. I am chalking up the UCF games and Purdue game as losses. We are not ready for primetime, we are not UTSA.  We are lucky to go to the American, Kiffin is the reason why we are.

That being said I think we should have gone for a young upcoming coach. We are soo bad on the road.  This was the first game where we were on the road losing and almost had a comeback win.  
I wish we still had Leavitt,  we would be ranked right now.  I think reality is this we get to 6-6 get a bowl game, lose and Taggart keeps his job and we go to the American and just get beaten down for a few seasons. Tbh this years schedule is not that bad, if we had Kiffin I could smell an undefeated season.  Where do we go from here? What is the last thing to get Taggart fired or do you think he’s the best option?
Posted On: Sep 4th 2022, 2:42 PM #408075

Kiffin is not the reason why we are going to the AAC. Investment in athletics is plain and simple. UNCC got in…. have they won anything?

Leavitt isn't even in coaching right now.

It's easy to say we should have gone young and up and coming coach but how has that worked for UNCC? Only 5 or so coaches have been at their schools for more than 10 years.

With the D, if you look at the numbers it was obvious they are banged up. Teja 30 snaps, Joyner 8, Peters 5, Hawthrone ( had on a club) played 11 and Evan was out.

Still gotta pull that one out, but this this team should be fine in C-USA play with the O. WKU Started 1-4 last season its a long season.

Back to the top

I did not know we were so banged up on D after Charlotte!

To me, the lack of open info to the public through the media leads TO negative thoughts as I expected MUCH better on D and NOT know injury issues feeds our disappointment when surprised by bad performances in games!

When media HAD (in the PAAT) more access to practices we were better informed daily and to me, MORE INVOLVED as fans, WE are more like OUTSIDERS now!

Get well Owls, learn, win Sat and move FORWARD!
Back to the top

Pick any four passes, change them to completions, then retally the game's outcome.

Throwing 56% will not win you many balls games, and neither will dropping punts in the red zone that account for the loss in points value.

Neither of those performance are directly tied to coaching decisions, aside from pulling someone.
Back to the top

Unlucky / bad mistakes and penalties early on lost this game for us…. We should have won this. 

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Rick said

Pick any four passes, change them to completions, then retally the game's outcome.

Throwing 56% will not win you many balls games, and neither will dropping punts in the red zone that account for the loss in points value.

Neither of those performance are directly tied to coaching decisions, aside from pulling someone.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 9:01 AM #408080

Come on Rick.  Try to be honest.  This team is undisciplined, plays sloppy, is underachieving , and should have beat ohio u going away

Taggart is an awful coach.   I think you know that but you gotta play the media game and can't say it.

Until we get a real coach and staff , this will continue.   Does FAU want to be a legit aac contender or do they want to be nice guys and let Willie continue to crap on what kiffin built up ?  

FAU will be a bottom feeder in the aac with Taggart as coach.   
Back to the top

I can honestly say that I'd be out if I still lived down there. Sure I'd still watch but I wouldn't pay a cent to watch this crap anymore.   

I drove 3 hours each way to watch this game because FAU doesn't come up here often.   I knew they'd probably lose because under Taggart they usually lose to any team  with a pulse.   

Still nice to see the team but if they continue with Taggart after this year then they are either stupid or just don't care about winning and building a solid non p5 program.   Because hate to break it to you guys, but this program is just not good right now
Back to the top

Bottom line which has been a problem under Taggert, we have to play FOUR (4) qtrs. of good football, not 3 or worse, sometimes only 2. This is why I wondered how we would after a halftime lead, even with some mistakes, which any team will suffer.

But again, we got DOMINATED for first 20 min. of 2nd half! NOT prepared mentally or adjustment wise once again. This has GOTTA change and to me the BIGGEST difference between Taggert and Lane. Is Willy just TOO easygoing or get satisfied with a lead???

NO lead was big enough to satisfy Lane, a REAL killer instinct!
Back to the top

Probably easier said then done, but Perry has to remain composed when things are not going the way he would like. When he tries too hard, he tends to throw the ball faster and harder to which the ball flies past WRs or bounces off finger tips. He tries to do everything himself and that never works. 

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Bottom line which has been a problem under Taggert, we have to play FOUR (4) qtrs. of good football, not 3 or worse, sometimes only 2. This is why I wondered how we would after a halftime lead, even with some mistakes, which any team will suffer.

But again, we got DOMINATED for first 20 min. of 2nd half! NOT prepared mentally or adjustment wise once again. This has GOTTA change and to me the BIGGEST difference between Taggert and Lane. Is Willy just TOO easygoing or get satisfied with a lead???

NO lead was big enough to satisfy Lane, a REAL killer instinct!
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 11:16 AM #408085

Taggart can't make adjustments.   He's an idiot.   And his players take on the idiocy by being unprepared and playing like bone heads.    

I got blasted by that jg guy who is gone now saying I'm just an FSU homer and Taggart wasn't the issue. Well I tried to warn everyone how awful of a hire this guy was. Good to see most have finally got on board by now

The worry I have is we go 7-5 and this moron gets another year.   Cusa sucks in the mid to bottom.

FAU can lose to every competent team:.  Wku, uab, Purdue and ucf and go 7-5

But really does beating UTEP, fiu, middle Tennessee, rice and north Texas seem all that impressive?

If that scenario happens and he saves his job, he will do so just because of a soft schedule

And we will waste another year next year !!!
Back to the top
Control functions: