Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations - Ohio

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

I mean if you want to ban people for talking about real thoughts on the team then you don't want a serious website and you just want homerism

Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 1:17 PM #408095

Actually i want people to participate in an educated discussion and follow the site rules.

None of your posts have anything to do with anything about the team but do exhibit repetitive disdain for Taggart.

But it doesn't matter what I want. Multiple people have sent personal communication about your posts, so it's become an issue I must address.

Either follow the rules of the site so everyone can enjoy the experience they came for without flooding or you're gone.

It's not my choice, it's yours.

That's it.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 1:38 PM #408099

I'm literally talking about observations on the OU game in a thread about observations on the OU game…..

If those posters have an issue with me, contact me directly.   You can pm me too.  I'm on topic.  You are putting personal stuff in the thread and taking it off track. I just made a post talking about objective stuff I've seen from the stands as I attended the game .

The coaching had a lot to do with how the game went.  Lack of adjustments played a big part in the loss.  It's directly on topic

Post at 138.  We need to address oline. Team has ton of rb threats even with Ford out.   We need to get that power running game going.   In cases now where we don't have it on a certain day, we need to spread them out and take advantage of our speed
Back to the top

The other thing we need to address is the secondary.   Simple slants were killing us.   And too many guys open down field.   They looked lost a lot of the second half.

Front 7 wasn't bad especially with the injuries.   Giving up 41 to a team who finished 3-9 in the MAC last year just can't happen though.   OU isn't an Akron level program or anything and have been solid as a program , but right now they aren't at their top tier form.   
Back to the top

This would be the point:

SeminOwl28 said

Taggart is an awful coach.   I think you know that but you gotta play the media game and can't say it…FAU will be a bottom feeder in the aac with Taggart as coach.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 10:09 AM #408083

SeminOwl28 said

Taggart can't make adjustments.   He's an idiot.   And his players take on the idiocy by being unprepared and playing like bone heads…Well I tried to warn everyone how awful of a hire this guy was.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 11:30 AM #408087

SeminOwl28 said

He's not even a great recruiter.   He's been getting guys who failed out of p5 schools or failed to crack the 2 deep at these schools.   Sure they have fancy p5 school names next to their profile , but there are reasons they didn't make it.  Most are bad players  
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 12:42 PM #408089

This is a free website you pay nothing for. I do this as a labor of love to help students and support the University.

That said, this is simply not a pleasurable way to spend my labor day. Arguing with someone about blasting a coach and players repeatedly. Someone who can't simply say "sure I'll follow the rules" and just wants to be an antagonist.

All you seem to want to do is argue with me, and honestly, that's drama I don't want to deal with so I am done and the conversation is over.
Back to the top

Very tough loss

We will make a bowl game and that's what TAG is paid to do.

The issue to me is FAU loses coordinators almost every year.

Still expect 7 wins since CUSA is weak this year. 
Back to the top

rob2313 said

Very tough loss

We will make a bowl game and that's what TAG is paid to do.

The issue to me is FAU loses coordinators almost every year.

Still expect 7 wins since CUSA is weak this year. 
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 2:07 PM #408103

I expect 7-5.  That's the debate mark  I think 8-4 for sure they all stay.  6-6 and under and they go.  7-5 it probably just depends on who they beat and how they lose the other games
Back to the top

Had no ideas about the injuries, but I believe we have raw pure talent. A good coach can coach up their second and third stringers.  This is off topic I had a coworker that played for Taggart at WKU and he literally told me he was terrible.  Nobody took him seriously there, soo there you go those backups could care less.  The calls were bad and Perry looked good.  Now Mccammon is a workhorse,  I wonder how dynamic the offense will be with Ford.  If ford doesn’t play in the UCF game we are in trouble.  I loved the fight,  I think that was more Dearmon.
Back to the top

How good are C-USA second and third stringers supposed to be?

FAU's first string is comprised of P5 second and third stringers according to some.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

Had no ideas about the injuries, but I believe we have raw pure talent. A good coach can coach up their second and third stringers.  This is off topic I had a coworker that played for Taggart at WKU and he literally told me he was terrible.  Nobody took him seriously there, soo there you go those backups could care less.  The calls were bad and Perry looked good.  Now Mccammon is a workhorse,  I wonder how dynamic the offense will be with Ford.  If ford doesn’t play in the UCF game we are in trouble.  I loved the fight,  I think that was more Dearmon.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2022, 5:45 PM #408113

The RB position has been very good for us over the years. This oline however got smoked in the OU game.   That has to improve.   If there is no way to improve it and the matchup has worse athletes (like ou) go to the spread

Took WAY too long to open it up.   That's why we lost.  Scored 7 points most of the 2nd half until opening up at the end when desperation time hit.  

And as I said before , we also got homered by the refs on a handful of calls. 2 crucial one were end of first half and that last 4th down play.   Blatant holds
Back to the top

faufan300 said

Yes, because you can simply coach up back ups with little game experience to become guys Evan Anderson and Jaylon Joyner who have years of starting experience in just one week. And you know this because what a guy said at work about the head coach from over 30 years ago….
Back to the top

Owls2013 said

faufan300 said

Yes, because you can simply coach up back ups with little game experience to become guys Evan Anderson and Jaylon Joyner who have years of starting experience in just one week. And you know this because what a guy said at work about the head coach from over 30 years ago….
Posted On: Sep 6th 2022, 8:18 AM #408119

Taggart coached at wku just 10 years ago in 2012.  
Back to the top
Control functions: