Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: FAU @ North Texas - October 1, 2022

Add topic

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

DeltAlumnus said

1-8 in our last 9 games against FBS opponents.

I have a feeling the remaining home game attendance will be bleak.

Depressing
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 9:13 PM #408959
Disgusting record.

And yeah, all momentum this program had from 3 years ago is gone. Folks won't care.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 9:16 PM #408960
They didn’t care 3 years ago.  I went to both CUSA championship games.  They were high school level attended.
There has never been that kind of support, but there was a more viable buzz even outside of Florida, and a trajectory that looked promising. We are going to the AAC with no buzz and no momentum.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:31 PM #408967
Oddly, I remember going to DI-AA playoff game vs Colgate at Lockhart that had a sold out crowd in 2003 or 4.

I was, and will always be, baffled at the attendance of the CUSA championship games we had on campus.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:35 PM #408970
It wasn't pretty to watch on TV, that's for sure. Still, I'd take the apparent trajectory the program had then to what I am seeing now. And I am also not one to say LK left a perfectly intact team – we had no QB at all in year 1, but it's year #3 and two years with a now 6th year senior QB.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:38 PM #408972
100% now on board with the ‘Willie has had a fair chance’ crowd and failed miserably.

Of course I’d take the trajectory of 2019.

However, the reality that Lane is paid nearly 10x the money we pay our head coach HAS TO BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

We want a highly capable head coach, somebody has to foot the very serious financial bill.  The delta of what we pay currently vs. what highly capable coaches earn is the Grand Canyon.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:43 PM #408974

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

DeltAlumnus said

Depressing
Disgusting record.

And yeah, all momentum this program had from 3 years ago is gone. Folks won't care.

They didn’t care 3 years ago.  I went to both CUSA championship games.  They were high school level attended.
There has never been that kind of support, but there was a more viable buzz even outside of Florida, and a trajectory that looked promising. We are going to the AAC with no buzz and no momentum.

Oddly, I remember going to DI-AA playoff game vs Colgate at Lockhart that had a sold out crowd in 2003 or 4.

I was, and will always be, baffled at the attendance of the CUSA championship games we had on campus.
It wasn't pretty to watch on TV, that's for sure. Still, I'd take the apparent trajectory the program had then to what I am seeing now. And I am also not one to say LK left a perfectly intact team – we had no QB at all in year 1, but it's year #3 and two years with a now 6th year senior QB.
100% now on board with the ‘Willie has had a fair chance’ crowd and failed miserably.

However, the reality that Lane is paid nearly 10x the money we pay our head coach HAS TO BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

We want a highly capable head coach, somebody has to foot the very serious financial bill.  The delta of what we pay currently vs. what highly capable coaches earn is the Grand Canyon.
Another LK aint walking through that door, but we can and should do better than this.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:44 PM #408976
I’m game.

At $600k.

Who?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:46 PM #408978
I don't know if there is anyone, you tell me. Fact is we should not be in this position, period.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:49 PM #408981
Thats what bothers me.  I am not trying to be combative with you.  More just pointing out reality.

I dont have an answer.  Beside, our adminstative leadership better get comfortable with paying a HC $2.5-$3m if we want a serious coach, not to mention the assistants.

I 100’% agree we need and deserve better…

Now onto who hired this coach…
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:52 PM #408983

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

DeltAlumnus said

Depressing
Disgusting record.

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

DeltAlumnus said

Depressing
Disgusting record.

Another LK aint walking through that door, but we can and should do better than this.
I’m game.

At $600k.

Who?
I don't know if there is anyone, you tell me. Fact is we should not be in this position, period.
Thats what bothers me.  I am not trying to be combative with you.  More just pointing out reality.

I dont have an answer.  Beside, our adminstative leadership better get comfortable with paying a HC $2.5-$3m if we want a serious coach, not to mention the assistants.

Now onto who hired this coach…
I certainly wasn't being combative with you, but you seem to be "assuming" things from posts that weren't even said. We all know the reality of the program and why we made the coaching decision we made. The state of the program itself can be looked at as a whole, but the reality for me and most here is there is no reason anyone should just accept missing a bowl game last year and be on a trajectory to miss one again this year – the school/program and whatever "fans" there are should expect more after putting so much into the program/facilities. You see the frustration on this board. No reason to find excuses and arguments where there aren't any. We caught lightning in a bottle – I get it, and maybe people expected "too much" because of the reality of the program – but then maybe nobody should complain and just go along with the status quo, I guess.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 10:59 PM #408986
I was just making sure you weren’t taking it as combative.  Things get lost in text, that’s all.

Not sure what I am assuming?

I am not saying the fans should accept what is happening.  I am just stating, what it will take to fix it from a financial standpoint.  I hope we are able to find the funds.

We have put a lot into the program/facilities.  My question is…everybody seems to say they knew Willie was a bad hire when it happened, right?  Where’s the outrage there?  They still in place?  Making yet another decision?

Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:03 PM #408988

We are good, no worries – we been on this board a long time lol. 
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

DeltAlumnus said

Depressing 
Disgusting record.

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

walty12 said

d-owl said

DeltAlumnus said

Depressing 
Disgusting record.

I’m game.

At $600k.

Who?

Now onto who hired this coach…hate to say it.  But most of you say “I knew this was a bad hire from the get go”.

Well, who is being held accountable for that decision???

Being mad and wanting WT fired is one thing.  But who is making the decision on the next HC?  Same folks responsible for the regression we’ve seen?

Most on here weren't saying Taggart was a bad hire from the start.  I took a lot of flack for trying to warn people from the start on this hire.  Lots of backlash.   I bet if you traced back to the time of the hire , a lot are saying things now that they weren't saying then

But yeah I'd say Frost would be awesome if they could convince him.  Briles is another option.  Another up and coming offensive coach who can scheme and coach up the south Florida speed
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:04 PM #408989

I can go quote a bunch of folks saying exactly that about WT.  Which I understand.  Still not sure how he got USF to 12 wins and took WKU out of the gutter…but hey, we are here now.

I am not opposed to either Frost or Briles.   However, there was no drop off at UCF when Frost left…that concerns me.  Also, Briles has never been a HC and brings baggage…that concerns me.

I know you have been saying it, and it looks like it played out in line with your prediction.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Here’s my thing,  The accountable person is Brian White. We did not do a thought out national search,  we just hired a just fired coach looking to make his name better and well he’s at a discount.

Taggart’s claim to fame was Flowers period,  he parlayed that into dream Power 5 jobs.  He has a losing overall coaching record, has a losing record at all the schools he was at except Oregon and has never won a bowl game.
He never proved anything to be considered the person to carry us forward.  Mr. White needs to grow a pair and salvage his misuse of a hire.

Traction from the Lane days are virtually gone,  we lose road games, we get blasted at home by the same teams no adjustments.  Another thing Perry is very bad.  His stat sheet doesn’t show it but his throwing mechanics are awful, he has no zip on his throws and he makes none headed plays. Chris Robison zipped throws, ran the ball efficiently from time to time, he was a ball player.  

I fear this season is lost,  and if we fire Willy we have nothing in place to get us over the edge in the American next year. Frost will only come here to rebound, I’m sick of that.  We need someone to come and work and build something special.  I now young offensive is sexy but we need stability, I would take a well established competent coach any day.

Wester is a baller could you imagine him with Robison wow pipe dreams.  I think we got 4-8, there is no buzz.  I went to the Ecu and Usf game today at FAU stadium,  none of their fans know we are joining the American… sad.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

Here’s my thing,  The accountable person is Brian White. We did not do a thought out national search,  we just hired a just fired coach looking to make his name better and well he’s at a discount.

Taggart’s claim to fame was Flowers period,  he parlayed that into dream Power 5 jobs.  He has a losing overall coaching record, has a losing record at all the schools he was at except Oregon and has never won a bowl game.
He never proved anything to be considered the person to carry us forward.  Mr. White needs to grow a pair and salvage his misuse of a hire.

Traction from the Lane days are virtually gone,  we lose road games, we get blasted at home by the same teams no adjustments.  Another thing Perry is very bad.  His stat sheet doesn’t show it but his throwing mechanics are awful, he has no zip on his throws and he makes none headed plays. Chris Robison zipped throws, ran the ball efficiently from time to time, he was a ball player.  

I fear this season is lost,  and if we fire Willy we have nothing in place to get us over the edge in the American next year. Frost will only come here to rebound, I’m sick of that.  We need someone to come and work and build something special.  I now young offensive is sexy but we need stability, I would take a well established competent coach any day.

Wester is a baller could you imagine him with Robison wow pipe dreams.  I think we got 4-8, there is no buzz.  I went to the Ecu and Usf game today at FAU stadium,  none of their fans know we are joining the American… sad.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:38 PM #409005

I went to the ecu USF game today too. All of their fans knew about us joining the American. They were all excited about coming to the stadium in years to come.

As for candidates: Willie Simmons?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Taggart reveals that QB N'Kosi Perry was not at 100% for the majority UNT game. Says he was nursing an ankle issue encountered in the 1st quarter.

I asked specifically asked about means get him some help, and Taggart expressed the possibility of shorter routes, and less down the field attempts. Also placed emphasis on enhancing the running game more.
Back to the top
Control functions: