Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2022: Week 12 FAU vs MTSU

Interesting contest due up for the Owls this week.

If things hold, the Blue Raiders will be with their back-up quarterback and the player who took us down last year at home. After a rough initial insertion with Cunningham's exit, he was extremely efficient last weekend.

The other question mark is whether potential game changing WR Jaylin Lane will be available.

Regardless, we're back to facing a good defensive team that will look to force turnovers and is leading the way in that category.

Offensively, they will play basketball on grass and toss in the deep ball.

FIU did some of the same.

Coaching is solid.

Sticking to another close one in Murfreesboro, but believe the road bug-a-boo comes to an end.

FAU 27  MTSU  23

Go Owls! 🦉
Back to the top

Temps in the low 40's on Saturday. Hope it's not a factor.

28-25 Owls
Back to the top

Let the good times roll 28-20 owls
Back to the top

We’re catching Middle at a good time and are coming in a hot team. 24-22 Owls win
Back to the top

MTSU lost to the top teams in C-USA and I consider FAU a top team in this conference. They also won by small margins to not so good teams in UTEP and CLT. ESPN is giving us the edge, so I believe FAU can win this game.
FAU 28 - MTSU 21
Back to the top

It's time (now or never, IMO) for WT to figure out how to have the team up to play quality football on the road.

I've been rooting for him to prove the naysayers wrong.  Going to stick with it.   Let's see the HC that lead USF to 12 wins...

FAU 31
MTSU 17

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAU 24 MTSU 17

FAU clinches a bowl here with a shot to close out with 7 wins and potentially 8 if they win a bowl game. I imagine if we win 7 (whether in the form of bowl game or regular season and lose bowl), good shot WT is safe. If somehow we win out and win 8 games, also given some losses shouldve been wins, WT is safe one more year and for the inaugural AAC season.
Back to the top

Another must win. MTSU leads the series 13-5, but many games have been close and FAU has got back in the picture with some wins in recent years following a long losing skid from 2008 to 2016. Always a heated contest between FAU and MTSU with a history of bad blood. November in Murfreesboro is never a fun trip for the Owls. Positive is it is not a night game. At 5-5, both teams will be fighting for a bowl birth. The Owls have put things together by winning 3 of their last 4. MTSU has won 2 of their last 3. The two are pretty much equal with the exception being FAU finding offense against FIU last week, whereas MTSU has struggled offensively following early season promise including 45 points scored in a 2 touchdown win against Miami in week four of the season. This is pick-em game in my book. However, always the homer, I will go with the Owls.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 31
MTSU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

BostonArman said

FAU 24 MTSU 17

FAU clinches a bowl here with a shot to close out with 7 wins and potentially 8 if they win a bowl game. I imagine if we win 7 (whether in the form of bowl game or regular season and lose bowl), good shot WT is safe. If somehow we win out and win 8 games, also given some losses shouldve been wins, WT is safe one more year and for the inaugural AAC season.
Posted On: Nov 17th 2022, 11:15 PM #410358

Agreed. Get to 7 wins on the season, one way or another, and he just hangs on. Not pretty getting there. But it will allow for another year which will require significant improvement.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I still don’t trust the QB, but if we continue to run the ball like we have the past couple of weeks and the defense continues to play really well I think Taggart finally gets that allusive road win outside of Miami.

FAU 23
MTSU 14
Back to the top
Control functions: