Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Arena

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

After all WHY was the AWAY MTSU game selected for national tv and not HERE while we are still hot??? Just askin a question…the arena maybe????
Posted On: Jan 30th 2023, 7:48 AM #412185

?

Our game was national on the same network - CBSSN.

Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

After all WHY was the AWAY MTSU game selected for national tv and not HERE while we are still hot??? Just askin a question…the arena maybe????
Posted On: Jan 30th 2023, 7:48 AM #412185

?

Our game was national on the same network - CBSSN.

Posted On: Jan 30th 2023, 9:13 AM #412186

Oh ok, thanks Rick
Back to the top

They chose WKU, MTSU and UAB for the vast majority of their selections.

Unfortunately that's what can happen when you listen to the preseason polls!

Back to the top

Now seems like the perfect time to get this done!!

Has there been any movement on this ?! All the momentum of the sweet 16 run along with the upcoming AAC move should make this a priority

If not now then when ?  We don't want to be st Peter's and others and fade away

Need the new arena to be a boost to the program and be able to compete long term in the AAC
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Now seems like the perfect time to get this done!!

Has there been any movement on this ?! All the momentum of the sweet 16 run along with the upcoming AAC move should make this a priority

If not now then when ?  We don't want to be st Peter's and others and fade away

Need the new arena to be a boost to the program and be able to compete long term in the AAC
Posted On: Mar 20th 2023, 8:29 PM #413370

Agree 1000% :cool:
Back to the top

I will be working very closely with Richard on a comprehensive facilities upgrade piece in the near future.

We have had the piece as a part of his content development plan since joining the team for his internship in January for the close of basketball season, but obviously March Madness is in full swing right now!

In any event, this will be included alongside Baseball and the Village  :cool:
Back to the top

Check out this article about Coach May;

Dusty May wanted to quit hours after signing FAU contract; now he's coached Owls to improbable Final Four run

Wow. We have made it prettier than it was then but….somethings gotta change!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Check out this article about Coach May;

Dusty May wanted to quit hours after signing FAU contract; now he's coached Owls to improbable Final Four run

Wow. We have made it prettier than it was then but….somethings gotta change!
Posted On: Mar 27th 2023, 3:39 PM #413680

We've came a ways and still have a ways to go in the facilities dept. The article makes it seem like the upgrades are all due to the final 4 run, I'm sure that could become part of it, but we had very generous donors who gave to the team before this run. Thank you to Eleanor Baldwin!
Back to the top

I know baseball is screaming for facility improvements and have been for a long time. So what do you do? Give the revenue sports the preference? I've been following FAU sports since I have been able to with the internet. It was hard from long distance before that. I was listening to games on dial up internet. SLOW! Baseball has wanted and needed upgrades since I've been able to keep up with things on the internet (25+ years).

FAU has been somewhat short sighted. Was their original intentions to stay in DII basketball? Did they consider if they moved up facilities would need improving. The gym is fine for that. Although Nova Southeastern, who just won the DII championship and went 36-0, has a newer  larger arena. If we are going into the AAC and be able to compete FAU is going to have to spend some money.

Those of us who have been on this forum going back to its early days (not many of us left) can remember the on going battle to get the stadium approved by the board. We sent letters. We even had a fund raising drive to buy plastic shovels and send them to the board. We didn't do it and the money raised was donated to the stadium. There were board members that didn't want it and we even had local people from the area coming on here to debate against building a stadium stating that FAU was and is a commuter college and should be run as one. Who ever remembers the beat reporter from the Sun Sentinel who had a blog, local people were showing up on that to complain about the stadium. I can't remember the reporter's name. Ted is all I can remember.

A lot of history here.  

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Here are some links to the Nova Southeastern arena;

https://nsusharks.com/sports/2013/9/12/GEN_0912130618.aspx

Rick Case Arena at the Don Taft University Center | Nova Southeastern University

Not bad and built 6 years before our football stadium
Back to the top
Control functions: