Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME CAPSULE: FAU @ Middle Tennessee - Feb. 16th, 2023

Add topic

We've really gotten worse as the season has gone on. I'm not liking our odds in the championship tournament
Back to the top

FAU MBB (24-3, 14-2 C-USA) takes a tough loss on the road, bringing a once 15 point deficit to within 3 down the stretch.

Now it's BACK HOME for the Texas Two Step 🕺

1st UP ➡️ UTSA Feb 23rd 7PM Go Owls 🦉🏀
Back to the top

FINAL STATS

(25) FAU 70 MTSU 74

Martin, Goldin, and Forrest put up 42 PTS despite the loss. The Owls went an❄️ice-cold 1-of-7 shooting on free-throws❄️and turned the ball over 15 times to the Blue Raiders' 9. MUST DEFEND THE BURROW NEXT WEEK! Go Owls! 🦉🏀

Back to the top

It wasn’t working tonight. Things just didn’t look right. Too many turnovers and cold shooting. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Wow this was an unacceptable loss. There goes our chance of an at large bid
Posted On: Feb 16th 2023, 8:55 PM #412471

This is what I was afraid of – as good as the season has been they really need an at-large bid. These seasons are long and just hoping they haven't peaked already.
Back to the top

For the first time this year, it appears that our size was exposed by a larger and faster team.
Turnovers, rebounds and lack of three pointers all caused by the larger presence of MT.

I know Rick said that having Goldin and Rosado on the floor at the same time would take away too much of our offense, but maybe that needs to be our offense in games like this, since Goldin has stepped up lately.
Rosado would play like a big forward and there is no way that Rosado and Goldin could be covered underneath or they can kick it out to one of the shooters if the defense collapses. 🤷‍♂️

Back to the top

Win out in the final 4 and they would still be in even with a cusa tourney loss

I think even 1 more loss and they should get in but could get screwed.

2 more losses and it's for sure cusa tourney champs or bust
Back to the top
Control functions: