Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Guards Alijah Martin & Johnell Davis Entering 2023 NBA Draft With Eligibility Preserved

Add topic

FAU Guard Alijah Martin Entering 2023 NBA Draft With Eligibility Preserved
Back to the top

Look forward to rooting for Alijah in the NBA or again at FAU next year. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Look forward to rooting for Alijah in the NBA or again at FAU next year. 
Posted On: Apr 9th 2023, 10:31 PM #413986

Same. Best of luck Alijah
Back to the top

Alijah - Best of luck you and your family! Wish you were staying…but we understand!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Alijah - Best of luck you and your family! Wish you were staying…but we understand!

Go Owls!
Posted On: Apr 9th 2023, 10:58 PM #413988

He still has NCAA eligibility so if he doesn't like his odds of getting drafted, he'll come back. Won't need to worry on that front! 😉
Back to the top

Love Alijah but this seems like a very Ray Taylor type move. I’m low key expecting to see him back next year. Either way, historic season will go down as one of the FAU all-time greats up there with Gantt, Royster, Morrow, Graham, etc. 
Back to the top

Owl Ranger said

Love Alijah but this seems like a very Ray Taylor type move. I’m low key expecting to see him back next year. Either way, historic season will go down as one of the FAU all-time greats up there with Gantt, Royster, Morrow, Graham, etc. 
Posted On: Apr 10th 2023, 5:55 PM #413993

Davis just declared as well. I don’t think it’s a Ray Taylor move. Seems like a no brainer move for fringe type prospects like Martin and Davis. They can attend the NBA combine see where stand and get some actual feedback. If they don’t like they can can comeback and work to get better. If they do they have a chance to go make a real money as a pro. 

But I agree I think both will be back next year 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Owl Ranger said

Posted On: Apr 10th 2023, 5:55 PM #413993
Davis just declared as well. I don’t think it’s a Ray Taylor move. Seems like a no brainer move for fringe type prospects like Martin and Davis. They can attend the NBA combine see where stand and get some actual feedback. If they don’t like they can can comeback and work to get better. If they do they have a chance to go make a real money as a pro. 

But I agree I think both will be back next year 

Posted On: Apr 10th 2023, 6:01 PM #413994

Makes perfect sense to test the waters and strike while the iron is hot. With that said, I don't think either are on draft boards right now -- but can't say what changes after workouts or what they ultimately may do regardless of draft position. This is the reality of "big time" college basketball!:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

FAU Guard Johnell Davis Announcing Plans For 2023 NBA Draft With Eligibility Preserved

DAVIS JOINS MARTIN WITH TESTING THE WATERS FOR THE NBA DRAFT!

Back to the top

Here we go!
all these kids are looking for ways to make money and help their families. I can't blame them.
Let's hope they all come back, get better at their game and possibly get an invitation to the NCAA tournament as a team.
Back to the top
Control functions:

Related content