FAU will continue their road trip this Saturday at Western Kentucky. The team will look to sustain the momentum following a 41-3 victory over Old Dominion.
Kickoff for this Saturday is set for 4:00 at Houchens Industries- L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
In last weeks game against ODU, starting QB Chris Robison exited the game early, after suffering a left shoulder injury during a scramble. Redshirt junior QB Nick Tronti entered the game in relief. Yesterday, Robison told reporters he expects to start this Saturday at WKU.
Last season, the Owls defeated Western Kentucky 34-15 in a mid-November match up at FAU Stadium.
“Coach Helton has done a really good job, getting that program going the right way,” said Lane Kiffin while discussing the new look Western Kentucky program. Prior to arriving at Western Kentucky, head coach Tyson Helton served as the offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee.
Below is our compilation of notables, and some video, as we reach the mid-point of 2019 Game Week 10.
- Team First One of the more interesting players on the FAU roster is redshirt sophomore RB Tyrek Tisdale. The Orlando native has the size and speed combination to play at the next level. However, do not be surprised if at some point Tisdale is seen playing on the defensive side. “He's been great for us on special teams, we played him at scout team linebacker to give a look, and he looked great over there.” Due to his off the charts athletic ability, it's just a matter of time until Tisdale makes a greater impact. Tisdale was clocked at 22 mph in gameplay this season.
- Running Back Room The FAU backfield continues to deal with the injury bug. True freshman Larry McCammon III and redshirt freshman Malcolm Davidson`s status for this Saturday are unclear due to undisclosed injuries. Last week, redshirt junior Chauncey Mason was given an increased role, gaining 28 yards on three carriers. This could be the opportunity the Boynton Beach native is looking for. “Veteran guy that catches the ball well, plays special teams. Another transfer guy that has really helped us.” Lane Kiffin said while discussing the Arkansas State transfer. Expect to see a heavy dose of redshirt junior RB James Charles (photo) who rushed for 45 yards on 6 carries last week.
- Key Matchup One of the strengths of the WKU team is their experience and versatility at WR. On the perimeter, the Hiltoppers feature the shifty and explosive junior WR Jahcour Pearson. Playing in more of a prototypical possession receiver role is senior Lucky Jackson. To help keep the WKU offense in check, cornerbacks James Pierre, Chris Tooley and Meiko Dotson will have to play sound on the outside,
- By the numbers The WKU starting quarterback is senior QB Ty Storey, who is a transfer from Arkansas. The veteran passer is leading the CUSA with 70 % completion percent. This has been one of the keys to WKU`s offensive attack. High percentage passes, that lead to smooth drives. FAU will need a strong pass rush from the likes of DT Ray Ellis and DE Tim Bonner to help keep Storey off balance.
- Breakout Candidate Junior WR Willie Wright returned to the endzone for the first time this season in last weeks victory. “We have great confidence in him right now” said Lane Kiffin, while discussing Wright`s recent performance. The junior had been struggling to get back to full speed after a big hit last season against FIU. Look for the Jacksonville native to have an increased role this weekend.
Head Coach Lane Kiffin and LB Akileis Leroy highlight our Video Play.
There have been no comments yet