Head Football Coach Willie Taggart announced seven additional players for the Owls' 2022 recruiting class class on Wednesday, which was also National Signing Day. The group consists of primarily high school prospects, with one grad transfer, and his full media session is available in the audio file above.
• Jayshon Platt - WR, 6-1, 182 lbs, Venice, FL
• Michael Boone - DB, 6-0, 185 lbs, Tampa Bay, FL
• Dearis Thomas - LB, 6-1, 223 lbs, Naples, FL
• Kareem Wilson - DL, 6-3, 240 lbs, Miami, FL
• Marquish Seabon - RB, 5-10, 190 lbs, Lake Wales, FL
• A'Ceon Cobb - WR, 6-0, 180 lbs, Orlando, FL
• Brendan Bordner - OL, 6-5, 300 lbs, Rutgers University
You can read more about each high school member Here and Brendan Bordner Here
"Recruiting is a lot different now," said Taggart. "You better change with the changes, or you will be left behind. It has been unique. It has been interesting. It has been pretty cool with us, because we have tried to adjust the way we are recruiting in order to get the roster the way that we need it to be."
The seven newcomers will join the previous group of incoming Owls that were signed in December's early signing period - which are listed below.
• Jaylen Wester - LB, 6-1, 195 lbs, Miami, FL
• Wyatt Sullivan - WR, 6-4, 210 lbs, Quincy, FL
• Xavier Peters - LB, 6-4, 225 lbs, Garden City CC
• Carter Boatwright - TE, 6-4, 225 lbs, Florida State
• Jamie Pettway - LB, 6-3, 230 lbs, Missouri
• Jaleel McRae - LB, 6-2, 230 lbs, Florida State
• Morven Joseph - LB, 6-2, 215 lbs, Tennessee
• Marvin Scott III - RB, 5-9, 200 lbs, Nebraska
However, Taggart and his staff are still on the hunt for additional class members which could include the high priorities area of cornerback, and defensive line. Other areas of potential additions are quarterback and wide receiver.
"I feel really good about the guys that we brought in in December. I thought that we added some really good additions to our recruiting class today. There will be some more that we will get here later on in the spring."
FAU will continue with conditioning activities until the team takes the field again later in the Spring.